Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Local History (See History Group for main postings) (472)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Grand Parade?

I found these images in my collection - probably from the early 1980s. I cannot remember taking them, but is it Grand Parade?

Started by Paul Wood

8 May 7, 2020
Reply by Michael Anderson

1898 - Watching the trains go by on a summers day at Wood Green Station

Let’s go back in time 122 years! It’s the summer of 1898, and we’re briefly at Wood Green (now Alexandra Palace) railway station for some V…

Started by Richard Matz

1 Apr 30, 2020
Reply by Hugh

Daily Local History to your inbox from Bruce Castle Museum

A reminder that you can sign up for a daily email from Bruce Castle Curators about local history by emailing museum.services@haringey.gov.u…

Started by Liz

2 Apr 24, 2020
Reply by lina

A very Different Grand Parade in the Harringay of the 90s

I wish that I took more photos of the hood in the 90s. I probably took this photo because of the snow, not realising that it would be of hi…

Started by Pavlos

16 Apr 18, 2020
Reply by Michael Anderson

Lordship Rec Model Traffic Area

Hello, I'm a local journalist and I'm researching a story about the model traffic area in Lordship Recreation Ground. I would love to speak…

Started by Cecilia Keating

11 Apr 17, 2020
Reply by Richard Woods

Haringey Passage N4 - London's Longest Alley

From the Ian Visits site for your edification & delectation: At just under a mile in length, this is the longest alley in London, and…

Started by Richard Matz

2 Apr 10, 2020
Reply by Richard Woods

Hornsey Historical Society - Submissions for Bulletin 2021

Time on your hands? Why not do some writing? The Bulletin of the Hornsey Historical Society will be celebrating the Society’s 50th annivers…

Started by Deirdre Stowell-Smith

0 Apr 5, 2020

Curious about a building on the New River .

Have meant to ask this before but been reminded today. The attached photos are of a rectangular brick built tower behind M&A Motors on…

Started by tim p

6 Mar 27, 2020
Reply by Hugh

Chettle Court

There is a large-ish housing block called Chettle Court on the west side of the railway line (i.e. the side further away from Green Lanes)…

Started by Peter

3 Mar 20, 2020
Reply by Hugh

Brief Published Histories of the Finsbury Park Astoria / Rainbow

I've just some across two interesting histories of the FP Astoria / Rainbow. On is a pdf put together by Islington Council (attached). Anot…

Started by Hugh

9 Feb 25, 2020

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service