Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Local News and Stories from HoL (997)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Harringay's Street Cabinets to Be used as Billboards?

I just picked up the following on Twitter: Found some great #cabinets in Harringay yesterday. Will submit them for advertising consent ne…

Started by Hugh

23 Oct 18, 2013
Reply by pamish

Magic, murder and mammoths at the Wood Green Literary Festival

What a fabulous bookish weekend I've had! And it's all thanks to those two chaps at Big Green Books who brought a literary festival to Wood…

Started by Liz

0 Oct 14, 2013

Alexandra Palace’s war time efforts to be showcased in new app and video

The role Alexandra Palace played as a prison camp during the First World War is set to be revealed through a new film and mobile app. The…

Started by HoL Site Admin

1 Oct 11, 2013
Reply by Finsbury Park Ranger

The Mystery of the Parkland Walk Spriggan solved

A familiar sight on Parkland Walk, the Spriggan appears from the side of the railway arch like an ancient holy relic. It’s not nearly as ol…

Started by Liz

4 Oct 11, 2013
Reply by Richard Woods

Bye bye Banksy!

For a few days now I've suspected something was afoot with Turnpike Lane's Banksy; it's been surrounded by scaffolding and tarpaulin since…

Started by AntK

213 Sep 26, 2013
Reply by EMC2

Another Harringay Street Art Discovery

Thanks to absinthecity for posting this picture on her Instagram page of another street level piece of 'street art' on Vale Road. These…

Started by Hugh

7 Sep 23, 2013

Hornsey Station Improvements

Below are some notes from a recent meeting between residents and station staff. Notes of the meeting between: Errol Reid, (Liberal Democrat…

Started by HoL Site Admin

6 Sep 17, 2013
Reply by Geraldine B

New tenants found for Coliseum Shop after Campaign Blocks Bookies

After almost a year, it seems that HoL's campaign to prevent yet another bookie opening on our High street has resulted in a long-lasting s…

Started by Hugh

32 Sep 13, 2013

‘No toilets’ music promoter makes application for permanent Finsbury Park concert licence

SJM concerts, one of the leading music promoters in the UK has applied to Haringey Council for a licence to allow it to put on live and rec…

Started by Hugh

17 Sep 6, 2013
Reply by Alan Stanton

HoL's 'Riots Best thing for Tottenham' story picked up by Daily Telegraph.

When Alan Stanton posted a link to the video above in which Haringey Mayor is quoted as saying the following, I'm not sure what he exp…

Started by Hugh

8 Aug 28, 2013

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service