Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'wild in harringay' (22)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Checking for signs of Spring in Railway Fields

Paid a quick visit to Railway Fields on Monday. Whilst the kids played on the swings, I had time to do a quick tour of the site looking for…

Started by Liz

6 Feb 16, 2017
Reply by Liz

The first bumblebee of 2017

Paying a visit to Stroud Green and Harringay Library, I had a little look at the mahonia to see if there were any insects I could bother. A…

Started by Liz

3 Jan 27, 2017
Reply by Elin

Nature notes: King Alfred's Cakes and a Shoveler

Finally able to drag the smalls out of the house last Sunday, we spent the afternoon at Woodberry Wetlands before walking back down the New…

Started by Liz

0 Dec 8, 2016

Ragwort residents at Railway Fields

If you're dropping into Railway Fields over the next few days, maybe joining the summer event on Saturday or bringing the kids to Wild Wedn…

Started by Liz

1 Jul 29, 2016
Reply by Bob Lindsay-Smith

Delighted with wild Duckett

Some weeks ago a few of us from the Friends of Harringay Passage tackled the overgrown and over prickly planter in Duckett Road. After clea…

Started by Liz

8 Jul 1, 2016
Reply by Liz

And they call it poppy love...

When Harringay Birder tweeted these beautiful photos of poppies by the water's edge at the New River by Woodberry Wetlands, I knew this wee…

Started by Liz

26 Jun 25, 2016
Reply by Alyson

Take a walk on Wightman's wild side

Sometimes a book has a strong influence on you. It keeps working away at you long after you've closed it. One such book for me, I've come t…

Started by Liz

18 Jun 19, 2016
Reply by Angela

Daisy delight at Ducketts Common

What a show of ox-eye daisies, with poppies, corncockle and cornflowers Ducketts Common is putting on at the moment! Bravo, Friends of Duck…

Started by Liz

4 Jun 10, 2016
Reply by Liz

Railway Fields in early June: what to look for

June, with its bright sunshine, warm days and sudden sharp downpours, sees the appearance of a sea of colour in the wildflower meadows and…

Started by Liz

1 Jun 9, 2016
Reply by Stephen Middleton

A Pretty Painted Lady #wildinharringay

Basking in the sunshine, the welcome sight of a painted lady on a Mattison Road front garden hedge.  Painted Lady Butterflies are migran…

Started by Liz

1 May 27, 2016
Reply by michaelw

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service