Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I am Patient of diease called Gastroesophagal Reflux(GERD.Now today After my lunch 12 :30 pm I had acid reflux attack pain in left side of my chest ,heartburn.I looked I did not had any PPI drugs left and I knew that I cannot buy without prescription that drug.So normally when I dont have my medicines I use Gaviscon to controle heartburn and pain.So I left home and started walking towards chesmit shop near high street .On the way attack started to began worse sqeezing pain in chest and acid started coming out from sliva and I could taste the acid and started choking on saliva.Obviously anyone feel so bad in this situation and I had to get this acid ,saliva out though spitting.By the way I hate spitting on public places generally.I spat couple of time to get this acid out of my mouth.Before I could go to pharmacy to get medical help two envoironmental officer stop me and started taking my details and telling me they have to issue a penality ticket for spitting on prohibited area.I told them I am having acid reflux attack and I am on regular medications.They did not belive me even I find them very rude.They said do I have proof I am patient of this diseas and i am on regular medications and does this disease makes you spit ? If you dont have proof they will issue me ticket.The officer who issued me ticket were very rude and started having heated argument with me and threatened me to take me to court for arguing about my disease and I am sure he had camera on conversation should be recorded.I was angry first I was ill and in pain and second I was geting penality for my symptoms and officer was not willing to belive me.As respectable citizen I thought to my self let them issue ticket and get medicine than contact council for bad treatment and for penality charge.I always respect the environment and the law and always paid my parking tickets on time when I know broke the rule or made mistake.but today I felt bad and insulted by the behaviour of officer and for penality charge and for being not respected or atleast show some sympathy towards my medical sitiation.

now I have to pay £80 with in 14 days and its fixed penality charge and there is no right to appeal.Council said send us email but cannot tell what will be the outcomes and when it will be.TBH other words they said fuck off we dont care really.did anyone had this issue before or anything I can do about it ?

I have all the mdical proofs ,letter from gp as well confirming from three years I have been diagnosed with this issue and regular on medications.

Cansomeone please advise what should I do 

shall I pay the penality charge which shouldnt be given in the first place but officer commission was important or shall I do something  to chellange them any ideas please help.this is not fair to anyone who is suffering from particular disease and getting penality tickets from coucil ?

Sent from my iPad

Views: 1153

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well I sent all the documents and gp letter to highway.enforcement@(local council).gov.uk. And got reply today they have cancelled the penality ticket.I suppose it worked out well and am thankful they understood the nature of offence.

Now I posted here not to defend the offence (spitting) and I never said I was right and penality for spitting is wrong.I just felt unfair under certain circumstances also I think £80 is bit too much tbh.I would have been prepared for it if I knew on the way I will start choking.I am 49 years old accountant and I am aware of spreading germs by spitting may be on previous post I came across bit angry and aggressive but I am normally very careful when it comes to enviornment.I am in very mature age I wouldnt just walk arround spitting but its hard to explain situation here.I thought someone might had or heard anything like that issue and can share their openion or know little bit legality and can advice me but Evryone started talking about spitting which is irrelevent topic to discus because I totally agree spitting is wrong.I appriciate some people sugessted I can carry tissue or try to be preapared when I notice symptoms which is very sensible thing to say.Well I personally believe having critical openion is not bad thing but being too jugemental and dragging away from actual topic just reading the title and leaving harsh coments are socially incorrect.

well I can sit here write long essays and try and clerify myself its not gonna help anyways.I am thankful to legends of irrelevence and to all other sensible critics as well for taking time out and participating in my discussion.

lastly I am leaving advice for someone who may come accross this topic in future if you think you may have committed an offence (specially environmental fixed penality charge) first do not try and lie about it.Admit it because officers have camera recording tell them trouth and if you think you were under special circomstances like my self than contact local council and citizen advice and send some sort of document proof to council and highway enviornmental authority.dont be panic because penality charge says after 14 days if you fail to pay charge you will recieve court sommon and if you loose fine can be upto £2500 so dont be stupid and not pay if you think your case is not jsutified but ignore it if you think you shouldnt be given that penality charge and you will win because after sending representation that14 days period will be irrelevent until highway authority reconsider their origional decison and they will look into vedeo evidence too.Specially in my case their exact email words were"Also we seen vedeo evidence as well and you were saying to Officers you are choking and you can taste acid let me go to pharmacy let me get medicine than issue me ticket". Which they apologised by defending officer anyone can say things like that but its hard to believe.

First £80 slap is something serious so please first try and avoid if possible,second get ready to be humiliated socially if you post for good intenstions for advice you know there are so many frustrated people arround to have strong take on your case without putting theirslef into your situation and third rule is that in future I am not going to forget fisrt two rules

How are you going to prevent this from happening again? Are you carrying tissues everywhere now?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service