Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Planning Application to Extend Hotel on Wightman Opposite Harringay Station

Because Haringey Council take a while to update their website, this site's planning application updates are a few days in arrears.

So, in advance of next week's list I'm letting you know about a particular planning application for 60 Wightman Road, the Shelton Hotel. You can see the application here.

If you feel that extending a hotel may not be appropriate in this area, you can object on line by using the Comment on Application button on the page linked to above.

Someone objecting may feel that it it will have a negative effect on our use of local amenities by creating increased traffic, additional noise with late night/early morning arrivals and departures and the potential for an increase in local disturbances depending on the hotel's clientele.

Planning Application to Extend Hotel on Wightman Opposite Harringay Station

Tags for Forum Posts: Wightman Road, hotel, planning, shelton

Views: 277

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Fantastic! Thanks for letting us know.
A new property is for sale on Rightmove.

A snip at under £4m...
For sale ... they've had enough then. Good riddance! They won't get £3.6m for that unless a developer thinks it can get 20 flats from it. The pictures show the place to be a dump!
Having lived in Wightman road for years - a former housemate of mine had his parents visiting him and popped in at that hotel to have a look at the rooms in case he'd book one for them - he told me 'don't even think about it ever', he said everything looked really dirty and dodgy, but that was years ago (not that I've noticed any improvement ever since, only the reception that had been transformed into something like a burger/kebab shop for a while, then closed again? lol). Anyway, not sure if an extension would be good for the area to be honest
the shelton is used by contractors and unsuspecting tourists I dont know about short term housing but I have heard the things the contractors say about it
most stay one night and go to seven sisters road in search of other digs
I just noticed that they're part of the advertising on this site!!! I wonder if anyone there has read this thread.
Oh yes. You mean the Google Ads, top right. I think what the Google Ads engine does is to select keywords from the site and try to find ads with matching words.
Thought so. Very unfortunate in this case, and quite possibly completely the wrong target group. Ho hum as us vikings say.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service