Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

There has been a bit of support for taking photos of rubbish left on The Ladder streets on one day in the summer - Sunday 9 July. The idea is that all the photos are posted on this discussion, one post per street with pics, and then forwarded to the Cabinet Member for Environment.

http://www.harringayonline.com/forum/topics/rubbish

It not a major undertaking, just up one side of the street and down the other, not forgetting the bits at the tops and bottoms of the road on Green Lanes and Wightman.

So far we have the following rubbish photographers

Justin Guest - Pemberton
Kotkas - Mattison and Duckett
Me - Warham, Seymour, Allison and Beresford (and Lausanne if my legs hold out)
Els - Sydney and Raleigh
Osbawn - Avondale
John D - Hampden and Frobisher
DS - Fairfax and Falkland
Hugh - Hewitt
ThaiDi -Hermitage
GraemeTP - Effingham
Gordon T - Cavendish and all points south

Michael

Tags for Forum Posts: dumping, rubbish, veolia, waste collection, waste collection charges

Views: 6928

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can do Sydney Road and Raleigh Road
Ta
I don't have the level of optimism Osbawn! If just the threat of exposure gets them to do the cleaning - job done. Anyhow, I've never seen them ever clean up stuff at the weekends so I think we would clock unusual activity - like sweeping.
Giving this a bump
If you want to post stuff from your own street that's fine. I picked Harringay (the place) so there was some kind of boundary otherwise it loses some of its impact I think.
Just a thought, next weekend is Wireless Festival. Do you think this will have any effect on the amount of rubbish? Maybe they'll have street sweepers working at the weekend?
Didn't notice any extra cleaning activity today after last nights do. I think the main areas of activity are the access and egress points so Finsbury Park gate (Islington) and Manor House gate (Hackney)

I can do Hampden and Frobisher.

Thanks John

If we want to do other streets shall we just create a new thread?

That's not a bad idea actually. Swamp the council with evidence

I live on Fairfax so can do Fairfax & Falkland 

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service