Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

There has been a bit of support for taking photos of rubbish left on The Ladder streets on one day in the summer - Sunday 9 July. The idea is that all the photos are posted on this discussion, one post per street with pics, and then forwarded to the Cabinet Member for Environment.

http://www.harringayonline.com/forum/topics/rubbish

It not a major undertaking, just up one side of the street and down the other, not forgetting the bits at the tops and bottoms of the road on Green Lanes and Wightman.

So far we have the following rubbish photographers

Justin Guest - Pemberton
Kotkas - Mattison and Duckett
Me - Warham, Seymour, Allison and Beresford (and Lausanne if my legs hold out)
Els - Sydney and Raleigh
Osbawn - Avondale
John D - Hampden and Frobisher
DS - Fairfax and Falkland
Hugh - Hewitt
ThaiDi -Hermitage
GraemeTP - Effingham
Gordon T - Cavendish and all points south

Michael

Tags for Forum Posts: dumping, rubbish, veolia, waste collection, waste collection charges

Views: 6932

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is there a specific time we should do this, or just whenever is convenient? 

Whenever suits you best

Maybe I'm no Don McCullin, but " rubbish photographer " is a bit unkind

I'm expecting something profound and moving from you John.

Hi Michael, just to clarify, where do we post the photos? This thread or the one linked above?

Let's keep them all on this thread

All pictures below were taken on Sunday 9 July between 9:15am and 10:15 am

General observations

All streets need sweeping, especially in the gutters

Some bins are stored on the footpath when there is space for them in front gardens

A number of the street trees are overgrown and obstructing the pavement

Green Lanes and Turnpike Lanes pavements need a deep clean as they are stained with what looks like a mixture of fat, oil, paint and chewing gum

I think there is a real issue with bins obstructing the pavement between Seymour and Hewitt. I had to cross the road the other day with two kids in tow after a van parked up on the exact corner you've photographed.
Attachments:

Agreed.Sadly to date the Council has shown no will to find a resolution. 

I guess it's going to take an incident which exposes them to liability before anything happens. I was thinking of writing to the landlord to appeal to their better nature, but no doubt they won't take any action either.
The bins are there as the front "gardens" have not been created to allow the bins to be stored on the property. It's not nice for pedestrians or the tenants. The trouble is it would require major work to level some of those fronts to allow bin storage which I doubt the landlords would do willingly.

You're right, but the cost for the landlord of creating an area at the front of the house would probably only be one month's rent. Given that the house is being run as a business, I think there's a good case to be made to require the landlord to carry out the works or make alternative arrangements. The house on the corner of Hewitt has just had its fence which runs along Hewitt Road replaced. It would've been very easy and very low cost to have created an area for the bins as part of this project.

I write as a BTL landlord and take my responsibilities to the local community (up in Enfield) quite serioiusly

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service