Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I've heard some shocking stories of people having to flee for their lives, just grabbing their kids and running out in their nightclothes taking nothing. Does anyone know what is being done for these poor people, or if a fund has been set up to help them?

Tags for Forum Posts: london troubles

Views: 3963

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

People are posting stuff from out of London so I'm guessing that it will be fine. The centre is open 7 days a week until further notice so you still have time.
Where are you Abi? If you're in an office in Town, do you want me to see if I can find someone on Twitter who might be going up that way. (Perhaps Boris is on his way up. Now he's going to be wanting to ingratiate himself........)
Well, the Boris bikes do have those little luggage racks on the front...

Ooh, thanks Hugh! I'm at Goodge Street, but should be able to pop it in the post so no worries if nobody is nearby.

Will see if anything comes back -long shot, but.....

If anyone would like to help vulnerable families in Haringey, HomeStart is an excellent early intervention programme.  You would need 3 hours a week to volunteer.

http://www.home-start-haringey.org/Volunteering/volunteering.htm

The cages outside Budgens Crouch End are still open.

Latest News:

No more clothes for Tottenham. Toiletries and baby items still needed

I have just called the Community Assistance Centre at Philip Lane ( Based at Tottenham Lane Leisure Centre)
to find out if there are any specific items people should be donating from now on.

They informed me that they have been overwhelmed and have plenty of everything now so thank you so much to everyone - but they don't need any more items.

I am on my 3rd and final car load today of gifts from people in Harringay. and now closing the Garden as a collection point.

You can contact them yourself at Community Assistance Centre (See contact info here).

If you want to help them with your time they will really appreciate it.

If you still want to give they are highly recommending that you donate cash - see info at number 3 here.

Thanks.

Andy

GRA

Thanks Andy.

I had a call with Muriel from the Sally Ally up at TGLC and she's said that they are getting full, but as far as she's aware, they're still very gratefully receiving any donations that have already been collected together. The message to people is don't put any more effort into collecting fresh donations. She also said that the message on helping out remains as for yesterday - that they currently have enough help but that people should call the number we have provided to leave their details.

She said the verify al eh info and get back to me.

My goodness, their pile has grown a bit!

Picture courtesy of an article on Metro.

Amazing!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service