Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

In a round-robin about new parking charges that hit my inbox today, Haringey Council wrote the following:

Visitors parking permits will be simplified and no longer be subject to a limited allocation

This is to ensure we are taking a fair approach when it comes to everyone who wants to park in our borough and to encourage people to use other forms of transport if possible.

As I read it they're saying that they're going to make visitor parking permits easier to get "to encourage people to use other forms of transport". So, making it easier to use a car will encourage people not to use a car. 

Is there some good logic there that is eluding me or is it the nonsense I think it is?

ADDENDUM:

The discussion that follows from this post has revealed that visitor parking charges will more than double and residents will no longer be able to exchange unused permits.

Read about the proposals on Haringey's website here.

You can make an objection by email to traffic.orders@haringey.gov.uk

You can see a Freedom of Information request submitted on this issue here

Tags for Forum Posts: parking, parking permits, visitor parking permits

Views: 5346

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi everyone.  The new permit prices and changes start from tomorrow . Does anyone know if it's okay to buy some 2 hr and 1 hr at the existing price and if they will  still be valid ? The website is letting me order them

Thanks ( sorry if it's been asked on here before) 

I have - can't imagine they'll suddenly become invalid. But they will expire at some point (2020?).

Thanks Maddy. I notice the website says a " start date" on my order . Perhaps they expire within one year from the start date. 

I got the same email - a masterclass in obfuscation.

Zena's comment on this subject on another thread on Friday linked to the Council minutes on the meeting that formally approved the decision.

Yes it basically said - we've listened to all your comments and are going ahead anyway because we need the money. But we knew that, of course.

Will the Momentum take over of Haringey Council stop the looney council behaviour? I think not.

Totally inept and condescending...!

Hopeless. Despite the goodwill of so many great people there.

JJ please don't perpetuate the DailyMail myth of a Momentum takeover.  About four? five? of the new council (presuming the usual) are Momentum members.   They are good at being able to disentangle the obscure LP rule books of the selection process, but they will not be driving LBH in future.

I certainly hope so because extremes never do us any good. We need people who are genuinely interested in solving problems and not stuck in dogmaland and in ideology.

Pragmatism...! Look at the problem. Really consult the stakeholders. How can we solve them in the interest of all, especially the most needy but also with due regard to those already resident in the place.

Hard core Momentum has nothing to offer us!

PS - I do not read the Daily cr*p sheet.

Apparently I'm one of the last to be assimilated into the Momentum Hive.This is because I don't have a mobile and so can't install the Wot'sCrapApp™© and get instructions on what I think and need to say.

But all is not lost.They're coming on Monday to install the old-fashioned bright crimson phone handset. Not quite the perfect assimilation hoped for.

Anyone know what happened to this proposed amendment?

I assume it's happened as I can now buy 1,000 daily parking permits (just in case I have a lot of visitors I guess).

Well, there's already plenty of websites where you can sell your parking space (generally for a lot more than £3.50 per day) so plenty of scope for profit there.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service