Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I've just almost had an eye taken out by an old lady cycling on the busy pavement at Crouch End Broadway with an umbrella up - there are so may cyclists dangerously  weaving in and out of startled pedestrians everywhere totally unchecked that it's become ridiculous, but what to do about it?

Views: 3691

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I said I'll do some video ( future tense ).

If the video will show some bikes run red lights, then no need. My experience is perhaps 5-10% of bikes and cars do (especially on the junction by the Harringay station, which is a particular bugbear of mine). But if your video indicates it approaches 50% (and that cars don't do the same), then that would change my perspective in respect of how cyclists create a risk.

This thread is about how some cyclists behave. It's not a comparison between cars and bikes. Just because drivers break the law doesn't excuse cyclists doing it. That's clouding the issue.

Spiderman, there's nothing risk free about jumping a red light, be it a car or bike. Cross the line when the light is red and the law is broken - it's also a strict liability offence.

I'm afraid I don't agree about it being trivial. I've only one place I am allowed to walk, the pavement, and I'd like to keep it for pedestrians.
You're right, it's not trivial, and it's unsafe. It's right to call out this particular cyclist.
You know bicycles existed before cars?
Spider-Man, that not a particularly logical argument. Get stabbed is worse than being slapped in the face but I don't want either to happen to me.

I'm sure I read somewhere that technically bikes are allowed in the passage, but happy to be corrected.

I'm not making up anything - this happened when it was raining yesterday afternoon - were you there, Spiderman? The tip of one of the metal ribs on her umbrella prodded me on the side of my face as she was passing - I don't regard that as trivial.

If it had been a person walking with an umbrella that had nearly poked you in the face, as has happened to all of us umpteen times, would you have bothered to post?

Whole family doing it on Muswell Hill Broadway this morning... 

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service