Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

For those interested finding out more about the controversial Haringey Development Vehicle there is a public meeting tonight at 7pm in the Wood Green Social Club, opposite the Haringey Civic Centre, Stuart Crescent, Wood Green N22 5NJ.

Leaflet attached.

Tags for Forum Posts: haringey development vehicle, hdv

Views: 2485

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"That will be the leader who disciplined you and deselected your wife." that looks like something Councillor Kober would take exception with. You seriously think you can make that stick? You seriously think Zena's deselection in 2013 was orchestrated from a kitchen in Muswell Hill?

Many in the Labour Party at the moment admire Alan for WHY he had the whip withdrawn, his objections to hiring Nick Walkley.

Alas, poor Will Hoyle. Almost always gets it wrong.
I voted against the appointment of Mr Nick Walkley because I had information from  Barnet where he was the Chief Executive that he was an arch-privatiser. (Not surprising given their record and public right-wing stance.) I was warned that Mr Walkley would probably be bringing in his own team of privatisers.

But trying to be fair, I tried to keep an open mind when he first arrived. I met him and he seemed - or at least played along with an impression of a new broom with new ideas.
For a brief while.

Very soon the warnings from Barnet about his privatising and senior appointments turned out to be accurate. In fact even their most apparently absurd prophesy turned out to true. As in Barnet, Nick Walkley had meaningless motivational posters put up.
Poor Richard's Almanack
As you say, John. we have no proof of who orchestrated the St Ann's ward branch vote-rigging. Or in whose kitchen the charts were displayed.
As you accurately urged, people joining the Labour Party in vast numbers has completely altered the balance in many wards including St Ann's. It's no longer possible to join-up half a dozen "members" who don't actually live in a ward. (Or even in Haringey.) and swing the vote.
In any case, Mr Hoyle's suggestion that my criticism of Claire Kober is personally motivated is petty and silly. My criticism of The Dear Leader is because I think she is an appallingly bad leader with Tory policies.

That poster isn't meaningless. It means the no 1 mantra of liberalism, like you espouse, is not rewarded in that environment. 

That mantra is "do not judge me on the outcome of my policies but the quality of my intentions." From what you post here day in day out, I can see how that poster would have no meaning to you sir.

Your premise is that RETURNING to the private sector something that government has nationalised one way or another is inherently bad. I would disagree and can provide examples going all the way back to the invention of the wheel of advancements in civilisation that government had nothing to do with.  But you would rather see as much of the economy given over to the management of people who don't even know which way a screw turns. I would not for the same reason I don't want you to come into my office and tell me how to run my financial services business.

PS - Whether someone is "right wing" or "left wing" doesn't matter, virtually everyone from every party in this country is a statist like you.

I linked to the poster, Knavel, because it illustrated a practice which Mr Nick Walkley used in Barnet and brought with him when he came to Haringey.
So it's a shame that you take issue with what you assume I think ("the no 1 mantra of liberalism" which you believe that I "espouse") while ignoring what I actually wrote.
Before now, I've never come across anyone who believed that: "virtually everyone from every party in this country is a statist".  Makes it a bit difficult, (wouldn't you agree?) to have any sort of dialogue to explore possible areas of shared ideas.

Let me assume charitably that you are simply an ignorant troll rather than someone who thinks it's fun to make up lies.

Thanks, Maggie. We hadn't yet collected our Guardian from the newsagents.

But it seems that however many well written factually informed newspaper stories there are, the Labour councillors supporting the Dear Leader are still determined to press ahead with this poisonous plan.

Some explain that families come to their advice surgeries in desperate need of housing (undoubtedly true.) And then these apologist councillors repeat the line that "we're giving people hope."  Apparently unwilling even to consider the bleak facts about the number of genuinely affordable homes likely to be built. And equally oblivious to the fact that existing tenants displaced from their homes by HDV demolition will take precedence over people on the existing waiting list.

I suppose that it's at least something a few councillors are well-intentioned in their gulliblity.

I shall probably regret answering this. But who exactly do you mean?

ill-informed. Quite.

Awkward, twitchy and thoroughly ill-informed. Little wonder the residents saw through you and rejected you overwhelmingly.

Cllr Stuart McNamara cites the HDV in his resignation letter to Cllr Kober:

"Whether the fact that your intransigence over the HDV has now led to the council being dragged through the courts, your stubborn determination to close Park View Road, your giveaway that is the Hornsey Town Hall deal or countless other bad ideas such as the Highgate Library plan, things just stagger from bad to worse." 

Full text here:

http://www.harringayonline.com/xn/detail/844301:Comment:1032088

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service