Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Does anyone know what's opening on Green Lanes where the old Class International food shop used to be?

Although work has been going on for some months, it seems to be ramping up now although it still isn't clear what the new business will be... 

If anyone has any news, please share! 

Thanks

Tags for Forum Posts: class international, fairline, planning enforcement

Views: 11156

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Go to Haringey's planning portal and view the applications separately for 13, 14 & 15 Grand Parade. In each look at the decision notice. AD Planning is Emma Williamson.

Actually it is Emma McCready

I'd love to see some more genuine Italian places to reflect the large Italian diaspora in the area... we desperately need some diversity

I suspect that these restaurant owners are less interested in profits then the social status of owning a Turkish restaurant on green lanes.

Not sure what you base that on, Alexander. I think we can safely assume that the primary (or one of the primary) motivations all restaurant owners share is profit (and I'm not knocking it).

True, howeverI can't see how opening another Turkish restaurant on GL is a particularly good business idea.

The front was wide open today as they're doing the window frames. I'd say it's 2/3rds fit out inside and at the rate these restaurants usually get done at, it will be open in less than 2 weeks. Triple wide, no walls.

Yes I saw that too, i thought the interior looked like a bad film set of a Wild West saloon with all that wood cladding, and the exterior seems to be clad in garden decking planks. Initial signs show that his may be the opposite of the supposed gentrification that everyone is wetting their pants over. I imagine that such cladding is not fire safety compliant.

Haha these were my exact thoughts... tacky DIY job using old bits of wardrobe, with a very strange wall 'feature', it's like some kind of retro kebab shop.
Let's hope they don't decide to keep the 90's terracotta paint work in the exterior.

You would think they would at least take a look at the competition Gokyyzu & Diraykabir have done a splendid job and clearly used professional shop fitters.

ON a matter of principle this should be challenged with the council and if a wall is in the planning apps a wall should be added.

Otherwise why bother with rules.
ANy update on this - building work seems to be continuing
I emailed Planning Enforcement about it around two weeks ago. They replied pretty promptly that it was already under investigation. Hopefully they'll email me with the outcome and I'll post here.
Good stuff. Thanks Michael. As I mentioned to you yesterday there were definitely no internal walls when I saw in. It's a huge space.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service