Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Does anyone know what's opening on Green Lanes where the old Class International food shop used to be?

Although work has been going on for some months, it seems to be ramping up now although it still isn't clear what the new business will be... 

If anyone has any news, please share! 

Thanks

Tags for Forum Posts: class international, fairline, planning enforcement

Views: 11150

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I saw them merrily painting the front yesterday, so presumably no intervention as yet. 

Just seen this in the window....

If anyone has any objections to the 2am license to sell alcohol plead contact harringey licensing
Attachments:

http://www.haringey.gov.uk/business/licensing-and-regulations/licen...

Sira Vanadokya Restaurant

13-15 Grand Parade, Green Lanes, London, N4 1LA
Ward - St Ann's

Late Night Refreshment
Monday to Sunday 2300 to 0130 hours

Supply of Alcohol
Monday to Sunday 0800 to 0130 hours

For consumption ON and OFF the premises

Opening Hours
Monday to Sunday 2300 to 0200 hours

Type of Premises - Restaurant
End Date - 10 April 2017
Type of Application - New

Please contact licensing@haringey.gov.uk with any objections before April 10th

Not very happy about this. I'm going to email and object.
I haven't looked at the planning application, but that premises has a large back yard abutting the first house on Salisbury road. Does the application include for outside dinning/drinking?
It may well do if the licensing app includes 'off premises' as well.

I'm planning to object to this as well. Are there precedents for premises serving alcohol until 1.30am in the area - Brouhaha, Jam in the Jar etc? Given this is aiming to be such a large space. And is on the corner of our hard served Salisbury Road which given its residential status is already suffering enough with vehicle weight (38,000 per week), associated noise and pollution.

The Beaconsfield pub and Rakkas Restaurant (near the Harringay Green Lanes bridge) have late licences. Rakkas also have a large outdoor area at the back.

Looking at the inside the other day it's clear that it is all one premises and that there is no split between the two properties at 14 and 15.

Given this, and that I don't think any double fronted stores, etc have a single number (for instance Savers where Disney was is down as 34-35 Green Lanes Grand Parade), then it appears that it is possible to convert anywhere, regardless of total size, from one use to another so long as the individual components are under the regulations.

Legislation is here http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2015/596/pdfs/uksi_20150596_en.pdf

Page 29-30 is relevant 

C.1 Development is not permitted by Class C if—

(a) the cumulative floor space of the existing building changing use under Class C exceeds 150 square metres;

(b) the development (together with any previous development under Class C) would result in more than 150 square metres of floor space in the building having changed use under Class C;

Definitions of the existing building are relevant

“existing”, in relation to any building or any plant or machinery or any use, means (except in the definition of “original”) existing immediately before the carrying out, in relation to that building, plant, machinery or use, of development described in this Order;

“building”— (a) includes any structure or erection and, except in Class F of Part 2, Class B of Part 11, Classes A to I of Part 14, Classes A, B and C of Part 16 and Class T of Part 19, of Schedule 2, includes any part of a building;

I think most would be of the view that the existing building is the entirety of the space, not the individual components, given that that was how it was being used.

Exactly. The current size is irrelevant to the proposed use. The existing space is a three unit property (the old Fairline greengrocer and the supermarket that took it over). The application was to change to use of the entire space to a restaurant which would have been larger than the floor space permitted and that was refused

No, there's no lack of clarity on the law. I think all sides are crystal clear on what is and isn't allowed. One can only hope that Haringey's enforcement action will ensure that the law is respected. 

representation form attached

Attachments:

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service