Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Does anyone know what's opening on Green Lanes where the old Class International food shop used to be?

Although work has been going on for some months, it seems to be ramping up now although it still isn't clear what the new business will be... 

If anyone has any news, please share! 

Thanks

Tags for Forum Posts: class international, fairline, planning enforcement

Views: 11150

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Unlikely. I'm told that planning enforcement can only take place when an infringement has taken place. It sounds daft, but an intention to infringe, no matter how evident, is apparently insufficient for any enforcement action to be launched. Haringey have apparently decided that thus far the breach has yet to take place.

I'm assuming that planning consultants who are advising the owners are well aware that the will and/or resources to enforce are often lacking in stretched planning departments, often run by staff on temporary contracts. I'm assuming that they are taking a calculated risk that this will be the outcome in this case and that they will wear down the will of Haringey's planning enforcement.

Haringey's planning enforcement charter is attached. Any complaints about a breach of planning law can be made online here.

Attachments:

Haringey's Guide to Planning Enforcement attached below.

Attachments:

I'm not knocking temps, but as I understand it there's something of a revolving door in  Haringey's Planning Enforcement Office. Many of the officer are employed on 3-6 month contacts then move on. It's much more difficult to to be effective in this situation.

Didn't someone say that internal walls have been taken out? Surely, that is a buildings control issue as well, no? On a matter of structural integrity of a block with homes above teh eworks area...!!!

The walls were taken out about 20 years ago or more.

They did but not for a three unit restaurant. Planning authorities now have little say on a temporary two year change of use from general retail to restaurant since the law was changed BUT the permission is for a limited time and only up to a certain floor space. The three unit business is way over that and the original planning application for a triple restaurant was refused. The applicants came back with an application for a smaller development which Haringey had no option to approve. The issue now is, is the development abiding by the permission given? Anyone who has seen inside can draw their own conclusions about if that is the case

I think you'll find that the local residents' groups are already on the case. 

There's part of me that agrees with that, Neil.  Better a triple-fronted restaurant than some of the possible alternatives.  However, I am concerned about the late licence application particularly if that extends to an outside area.  That could potentially seriously blight residents lives.  The Planning Enforcement issue is already on Haringey's radar.  Leave them to do their job.  I think we (concerned citizens) should concentrate our efforts on the late licence issue first.

Given that it looks like a bad DIY job and the street is saturated with Turkish restaurants, I can't see it lasting long.

I've never seen any Turkish restaurants go under - they all look full to me whenever I pass

Looks like Magara just did. Peak kebab!

Well I was really referring to the mega restaurants - I'm amazed more of the smaller outfits don't fold

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service