Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I know this doesn't effect everyone but since the collection depot closed at the harringay arena, I have to go to a remote industrial estate beyond the holloway road to collect parcels. It isn't served by a bus and is hugely inconvenient.

Most of the rest of the ladder addresses collect their undelivered parcels from the post office on green lanes.

Does anyone know if this is to be a permanent inconvenience? I hope not .

Can anything be done? I have written to the post office about it

Tags for Forum Posts: local sorting offices

Views: 1891

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I usually get my parcels delivered at work but before Xmas my husband got something delivered at home (we are in N15 too) and I had to collect it from the teeny tiny post office on Seven Sisters road, which was totally fine by me!

What PO in Tottenham do you have to go to?

Hi Cecilia

I live on the ladder N4 and have to go to N7 (about 3 miles away beyond the Holloway Road) when it used to be down the road and the N4 post office which some of the neighbouring streets can collect from is not much further than the collection depot used to be.  

2 buses and a scary walk through very dodgy estate to get to the new place.

I had to go to Broad Lane - a grotty little post office near Earlsmeade school. That wasn't a redelivery though - that was the original collection point. It's not too bad really, as it was just one bus (though traffic around Tottenham pretty bad at the moment), but compared to going to the arena or green lanes post office, anything feels like hard work!

We're the same....our nearest is Green Lanes but we go to near Seven Sisters!

Our nearest IS Seven Sisters and we go to Broad Lane! (where i once saw them refuse a woman a parcel despite it clearly being her own for some utterly pathetic jobsworthy reason; don't usually get up and have a go on other people's behalf, but on this occasion I did).

Got to go there today as well. Always an adventure :(

Hi Cheryl,

In answer to your original question, yes it is permanent and yes it's a pain. However, to make that pain less, I would say two buses and a walk ain't the way to go. I do it much more often than I'd like and the best way by far is a train from Harringay Green Lanes (just check online times to catch one with minimum delay) to Upper Holloway. It's only two stops and takes about 3 or 4 minutes. Then you've got a brisk 10 minute walk from Upper Holloway to the pick up point.

From the station you can do a sneaky walk through Whittington park and Tufnell Park Playing Fields. I've just knocked up a walking map for you, here it is....

Still not ideal I know and it's a bit annoying having to turn back on yourself on the walk, but it's definitely the quickest way and if you walk it at a fair clip it's no more than ten minutes. Plus as I said before, the train journey is just a couple of minutes. I'd love it too if it were at the local post office of course but hopefully this will help you with the best way of dealing with the reality of what we have to do!

Hugo, thank you indeed for the route and map, I had steeled myself for the longer (longer turn back too) and drearier walk down Junction Road from the station.

My pleasure Gordon. You might need a printout of the map the first time you do it. When you get to the end of Foxham Road, go straight through a gate into the playing fields and just follow the path round. It's fairly straightforward.
I have received a reply from Royal Mail about my complaint. They consulted with their union etc before it was decided that the change was best for their customers.

They are not prepared to reconsider and include other N4 addresses for collection at the green lanes post office.

Their best advice is to get it redelivered on a different day, to have it sent to a different address in the same postal area or get it delivered to a post office.

Hmmmmm.........

It certainly does suck and the change obviously wasn't in our interest, but unfortunately we're stuck with it. However, If you do have to go down to the new collection depot, at least if you follow the route I've given you, it will be a *lot* quicker than the two bus route option. I hope it helps.

Because of the location of the new depot I'm trying to get a parcel redelivered to the Post Office - but for some reason I'm not given the option of the post office that is on Green Lanes (which is 2 minutes away from me), only Turnpike Lane or Crouch End (neither of which is at all convenient). Does anyone know whether if you're in N4 you get the option of the PO at the foot of Warham Road (I'm one road into N8 and I'm wondering if that is the issue)?

Yes, you do. I have had parcels delivered to the Warham post office 

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service