Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I'm not sure if anyone here will remember my husband of 24 years, Peter. Just wanted people to know that he died suddenly a couple of months short of his 70th birthday.

Funeral Details:
3.30pm 28th Feb Poole Crematorium, Gravel Hill, BH17 9BQ—Quaker style funeral for approx 45 mins
—Quaker elders will make an introduction and speak about Peter a little and then there is time for contemplative worship which may (will) involve people speaking, singing, reading poetry, etc as they are moved to do so. There is no set format or planned order of service.
Wake: Afterwards at Church House, High Street, Wimborne, Dorset, BH21 1HT—this is the low brick building next to the Minster Church. There is no second service in the church itself, just a wake with refreshments and some singing and playing.
—some free parking round the back of the Minster. More past this entrance in King Street car park. Charges apply.

We have decided on two charities that were close to Peter’s heart:
Family Rights Group: http://www.frg.org.uk/
© Family Rights Group 2007-2016, FRG Ltd. Registered in England: 2702928; Registered Charity No: 1015665; VAT Registration No: 122 8302 49
Water Aid UK: http://www.wateraid.org/uk
Registration numbers: England and Wales 288701, Scotland SC039479. 47-49 Durham Street, London, SE11 5JD.

We were married at Haringey registry in Jan 1993. Our two children were both born at home in Warwick Gardens and we were involved with Chestnuts Park. It's an area we revisited occasionally as it was so important to us at a very significant time.

Wishing you and yours most well,

Jack

Mrs Jackie Leevers

Views: 390

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't think I knew him but I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope the funeral goes as well as it can do, Karen

Thanks, Karen.

Very fond memories of living in Warwick Gardens, starting a babysitting circle in the gardens and spending a heap of time in Chestnuts. Peter was involved with the local Labour Party and worked for Islington Council for over 30 years. Still miss living there after 15 years in Dorset.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service