Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Yes, that early. Forecast - rain. But forestalling "Did I just hear a steam train?", excursion details and times here, live times here.  There's a call at Finsbury Park so the train will be picking up speed by Harringay, passing Platform 2.

'Royal Scot' gets a short-notice outing to York because 'Union of South Africa' and 'Duchess of Sutherland' are both out of action. As a consequence, the 'Lindum Fair' trip to Lincoln on Sat 9 Dec 0915 is awaiting replacement steam - or diesel - motive power.

ROYAL SCOT

Source: Wikimedia Commons, permission to use under  GNU Free Documentation Licence, Version 1.2, original author 'Geof Sheppard'.

Views: 320

Replies to This Discussion

Attachments:

Thanks for the tip-off, Gordon. I went down to Finsbury Park station this morning. I can confirm it was early and your weather forecast was correct because it was raining. However, it was worth it as "Royal Scot" stopped for a short en route to York.

Thanks for the picture Stephen (and the other two posted in the Images gallery) - all I got was a steamy blur from the Harringay footbridge!

I now see on uksteam.info that 'Royal Scot' will only be hauling the 'Lindum Fayre' on the evening return trip to London, so I was too quick off the mark about steam at Harringay in daylight on the 9th, as I doubt the morning outbound leg will be steam-hauled.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service