Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Tornado is hauling this excursion to York which will run at 90 mph for part of its journey, an advance on the usual 75 mph.

Tour details here http://www.ukrailtours.com/product/the-ebor-flyer/

No live train times available yet, will post a link if and when  ** update -- see below **. The tour operator gives the Kings Cross departure as 0807.

Views: 514

Replies to This Discussion

Attachments:

Thanks Stephen - at least Tornado was in good shape when it passed you - it failed approaching Sandy, after the first 90mph section, with valve gear damaged either through failure or by impact with an object on the track. Very unfortunate.

Maximum speed on the first high speed section was 90.4 mph. 60163 appeared to be slowing prior to being "put inside" at Sandy to clear the fast line for following expresses when there was an emergency brake application. The crew thought the engine has struck something in the '4 foot' and when examining the loco found the union link in the centre cylinder's motion was missing. A bang had been heard underneath the second coach and the union link was found on the track behind the train. GBRf 66744 came from Peterborough to tow the train there at 20mph. It then drew Tornado & support coach into Eastfield Yard to reverse and take 60163 to the Nene Valley Railway for further examination. The tour continued to York behind DBC 66106 but Virgin EC offered to accept tour tickets on trains back to King's Cross and many, including myself, took up this offer.

Attachments:

Ah, "including myself" - my sympathies.

Thank You.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service