Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'harringay arena' (8)

← Back to History of Harringay
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Harringay Racers Song

Thanks to Pat Stuart for sharing the lyrics of the Harringay Racers song on another post: "2-4-6-8, Who do we appreciate? Who? The Harringa…

Started by Hugh

13 Apr 28, 2023
Reply by John Shulver

1990: Harringay Racers Back in Business - from Thames News

This item from Thames News in 1990 is about the revival of the Harringay Racers, the famous ice hockey team that were based at Harringay…

Started by Hugh

3 May 22, 2015
Reply by Richard Woods

What Robeson Sang in Harringay

The day before the concert in 1949, at Seymour Hall near Marble Arch. Jusuf Dadoo, the South African activist is to his left in the front…

Started by Hugh

4 Jun 28, 2012
Reply by Hugh

1949 Paul Robeson at the Harringay Arena

I have loved Paul Robeson 's voice since I heard it as a kid on my Grandad's 78s; Old Man River, Shenandoah. Even as a child his voice sent…

Started by Liz

5 Apr 30, 2012
Reply by Hugh

Coco the Clown, frequent guest at Harringay Circus dies aged 86

Michael Polakovs, who made many appearances at the Harringay Circus died on December 6 aged 86. Polakovs became a celebrated figure as Co…

Started by Hugh

0 Dec 22, 2009

Harringay Fifties Livecasts

From the 1954 Billy Graham Crusade recollections of 100 year old George Beverley: "The Harringay arena seated some 12,000 and it was fill…

Started by Hugh

0 Jan 31, 2009

Harringay in the 1950s

Stephen H has put together a fab album of Harringay people, places and events from the 1950s in this album, and has even provided a soundtr…

Started by Liz

0 Aug 24, 2008

10-year Old Conducts Liverpool Philharmonic at Harringay

Harringay's London Music Festival in 1947 inclued the hugely popular debut of Pierino Gamba. 10,000 people watched this ten year old boy co…

Started by Hugh

1 May 25, 2008
Reply by Liz

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service