This building still stands today, but the section of High Road beyond it has changed beyond all recognition.
Here's a slightly later image. By this point the building seems to have lost the little parapet along the top bearing the name 'King's Arms Hotel'.:
Here's a 1915 view from the Gardens just to the south
The King’s Arms Hotel was built in about 1870. It had not only Assembly Rooms, but also a 25 horse stable-yard, which together became Stables night club at one stage. The first "moving pictures" to be shown in the area were screened in the Assembly Rooms in March 1899
The building is now part of the Grand Palace Banqueting Suite.
Add a Comment