Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Council Services Local Democracy & Politics (2,227)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Tweet-y pie - all of a twitter

I thought a saw a big brother creeping up on me this morning - LBHaringey is now following my updates on Twitter according to an email I ha…

Started by Omotn

11 Mar 26, 2009
Reply by Hugh

200 words that the council should stop using

The Local Government Association has released a list of 200 words which they say councils should not use. The group says that councils sho…

Started by Liz

19 Mar 26, 2009
Reply by Clive Carter

The £390 cigarette

From the council website: A man has been fined £390 for throwing a cigarette butt out of his car window onto the street. The incident happ…

Started by Liz

33 Mar 25, 2009
Reply by John McMullan

Hurrah, Haringey no longer publicises Harringay as "a very deprived area"

It's taken me a year and a half, but finally I'm able to thank the Council - and Nilgun Canver in particular - for changing the descripti…

Started by Hugh

11 Mar 24, 2009
Reply by Hugh

1,000% Rate Rise Puts UK's Small Firms at Risk

Thousands of small firms could see their business rates rise sharply from 1 April, the Local Government Association (LGA) is warning, becau…

Started by Hugh

0 Mar 23, 2009

Council challenges car orthodoxy

Essex county council is praised in the Sunday Express for challenging anti-car planning guidelines designed to discourage cars from new dev…

Started by Hugh

0 Mar 23, 2009

Motorists could be banned from leaving Britain over unpaid parking fines

Motorists risk being caught up in plans to recoup almost £1billion in outstanding fines and court orders imposed for criminal offences as…

Started by Hugh

2 Mar 17, 2009
Reply by Birdy_Too

'Migrant tax' to be introduced - windfall for Haringey?

Anyone from outside the European Union applying for a student or work visa will be required to pay a tax levied on migrants. This will aff…

Started by Hugh

4 Mar 17, 2009
Reply by matt

Harringay 2.0 or even Haringey 2.0

As part of my wish to help shape a better Harringay, as some of you will know, my belief is that we need to imagine what that Harringay sho…

Started by Hugh

1 Mar 17, 2009
Reply by Hugh

Is Harringay Online really 'the devil'?

Clearly not! I was at drinks recently for a valued council worker who has been working tirelessly engaging with local community groups. M…

Started by matt

13 Mar 16, 2009
Reply by matt

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service