Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Ideas for Better City Living (230)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

My Christmas wish list: No 1 A hand painted Virgin Media box

Who will make me one of these for Christmas? Click to view large   UPDATE: Thanks to John Hitchin for the answer - I need Urban Smart Pro…

Started by Liz

3 Dec 10, 2010
Reply by Liz

Taking control of public space from local authorities - a guide for local authorities and community groups

Community-led spaces: a guide for local authorities and community groups [pdf] explains the issues involved based on a range of case studie…

Started by Liz

1 Dec 10, 2010

Pavements Are For People

Thought I would share this blog post by Peter Guest from the blog Parking World (yes there really is a blog for everything, isn't there?) w…

Started by Liz

5 Dec 3, 2010
Reply by Adrian (From the land of OZ)

Volunteers operating speed cameras in Wiltshire

Is this something we'd like to introduce here ? The 20mph limit obviously isn't working. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11755222

Started by John D

3 Nov 15, 2010
Reply by John D

DIY traffic-calmed streets for ten neighbourhoods

On his Neighbourhoods website, Kevin Harris has found a detailed article from Daniel Black about Sustrans' DIY Streets initiative to reduce…

Started by Hugh

9 Oct 31, 2010
Reply by Omotn

What would your ideal third place look like?

A "third place for Harringay" has been a recurring theme on the site . The most basic definition of a third place is social surroundings se…

Started by Liz

19 Oct 29, 2010
Reply by RuthE

Getting rid of street clutter

Thanks to Kevin Harris for picking up on the Civic Society's Street Pride campaign 'to help rid our streets of unnecessary clutter and crea…

Started by Hugh

5 Oct 14, 2010
Reply by Billy Hole

The Harringay Pound?

Not as ridiculous as it may sound. They're doing it in Lewes and all over the world.............

Started by Hugh

15 Oct 2, 2010
Reply by Hugh

Estate Agents Boards banned in Conservation areas in West London

LondonNet reports that Hammersmith & Fulham and Kensington & Chelsea applied and won permission from the government to bring in tot…

Started by Liz

4 Sep 15, 2010
Reply by Bethany Burrow Atherton

FixMyTransport

Have launched FixMyStreet and been copied around the world, the folks at My Society are getting ready to launch FixMyTransport. They've re…

Started by Hugh

0 Sep 14, 2010

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service