Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Local History (See History Group for main postings) (472)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Clive Carter's Photo Essay on Wightman Road "Designing-in Danger"

Clive Carter's Photo Essay on Flickr is here - it includes this photograph which he suggests shows Wightman Road c1887, "This view is from…

Started by EMC2

2 Jul 28, 2019
Reply by EMC2

A Hornsey Park Clock Shop and How the Needs of Road Transport have been Plaguing the Turnpike / Wightman Junction for over a Century

I came across this clock the other day. So I had to ferret around a little to find out about it. 3 Hornsey Park Road was on the corner on…

Started by Hugh

3 Jul 12, 2019
Reply by Hugh

Does Anyone Else Find Iron Smelting Slag in their Garden

For years I've been finding in my garden lumpy bits of what looks to me like slag from smelting Iron. I'd been assuming that it was relat…

Started by Hugh

35 Jul 6, 2019
Reply by Colinloves

Join Archaeology Walk with museum of London crew - 1130am Sun 7 Jul

Hi, I'm posting this on behalf of some colleagues at Museum of London. Hope it's of interest... sara We invite you to join us for a special…

Started by sara wajid

0 Jul 5, 2019

Victorian bottle found - can you help me solve its mystery?!

We're currently getting our Victorian terrace renovated on Falkland Road, and one of our builders found this bottle hidden in the floor w…

Started by Amy R

7 Jun 23, 2019
Reply by Pat C

Vintage bottles what to do ?

Not a Damian Hirst medicine cabinet but close, two rubble bags full... good home required, be a shame for it to go to waste... open to ideas

Started by matthew cuthbert

1 Jun 18, 2019
Reply by Ben

Harringay and The Edwardian Roller Skating Boom

Edwardian 'Rinkers' I've been aware of Harringay's mid-twentieth century link with roller skating, through my research on the Harringay…

Started by Hugh

9 Jun 14, 2019
Reply by Janis Milnes

Seeking Old Photos of Boyton Road Hornsey

Wanted - Historic Photos of Boyton Road. I spent all of my formative years at 8, Boyton Road but have no photographs of the Victorian house…

Started by John Cunningham

7 Jun 14, 2019
Reply by Alan

Ally Pally Theatre on the telly

Nice to see the lovely new theatre at Alexandra Palace featuring prominently in Philippa Perry's film for BBC 4 part of the Victorian Sensa…

Started by Liz

0 Jun 13, 2019

Alexandra Palace Lakeside Railway

A recent issue of the Hornsey Historical Society Bulletin has a fascinating article by John Liffen about the almost legendary Alexandra Pal…

Started by Colin Marr

3 Jun 1, 2019
Reply by Bob Ruggles

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service