Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Local History (See History Group for main postings) (470)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Limits of the hills of mortality

My boss has just had a copy of the Cruchley’s New Plan of London and it’s Environs (an old map) hung in his office. I noticed that just bel…

Started by Lauren

5 Sep 29, 2017

Piccadilly line stations

From my TfL calendar: the announcement of the Picc line extension north of Finsbury Park.

Started by Ruth Valentine

21 Sep 8, 2017
Reply by John Leeming

Roller Express

I am in Stoke Newington from the US for the next week. I'm still looking for information on Roller Express at the Arena in th 1940s when my…

Started by Clyde Bentley

1 Jul 25, 2017
Reply by Clyde Bentley

Woodstock Road mystery (and Florence Road)

Looking at a map recently I noticed that Woodstock Road appears to be a B-road - the (southern end of the) B150. Here it is on the Ordnance…

Started by JoeW

14 Jul 22, 2017
Reply by JoeW

What are these old metal things in the Harringay passage? Chimneys? Lamp-posts?

Hi all, Walking along the Harringay passage I often look I wonder what these are? They seem to be part of something historical system and n…

Started by Jacob J

17 Jul 21, 2017
Reply by maggie

Roller Speedway mother

My mother, Diana Smith of Hazelville Road, skated Roller Speedway at Harringay Arena after serving with the RAF 303 Squadron. I have precio…

Started by Clyde Bentley

6 Jun 17, 2017
Reply by Hugh

Railway Walk

Found this pamphlet / map in Hornsey library. May be of interest to railway enthusiasts or just walkers.

Started by John D

5 Jun 2, 2017
Reply by Michael Anderson

Route masters on Green Lanes

Did anyone else see the route masters on Green Lanes today? I was cycling home and was very excited to see one in front of me. I was disa…

Started by Karen Alexander

41 May 26, 2017
Reply by Hugh

Wood Green on Film

Hi. I'm a volunteer for London's Screen Archives, which is a network of various local borough archives and a few others. I've been catalogu…

Started by Zoe Roberts

3 May 16, 2017
Reply by Zoe Roberts

Harringay High School on Wightman Road in 1889

I'm sure I've seen the house name "Landview" on a house somewhere. Anyone know? If there was any school on Wightman I fancy the big old p…

Started by Hugh

3 May 14, 2017
Reply by Martin (Woodside)

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service