Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Local News and Stories from HoL (996)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Local Author Celebrates Working Men's Clubs at Book Launch

Gardens resident Ruth Cherrington grew up on a post-war council estate in Coventry, the youngest of seven children. She told me that som…

Started by Hugh

6 Dec 13, 2012
Reply by Ruth

Cashmob for Big Green Bookshop

Earlier in the autumn I was involved along with Richard from Bowes & Bounds Connectted in setting up a local “cashmob”. A cashmob, fo…

Started by Hugh

18 Dec 13, 2012
Reply by Alan Stanton

Haringey's amazing young people

The 4th Spirit of London awards are to be held the O2 Arena on Monday December 10th 7.00pm and promises to be a glittering affair, but the…

Started by Liz

3 Dec 12, 2012
Reply by Seema Chandwani

Local Cafe Plans Community Christmas Photowall

Passionate photographer and Harringayist* Cem Kaplan of Cafe Lemon is planning a community Christmas photowall for early in the New Year. M…

Started by Hugh

0 Dec 9, 2012

Tipco Still Searching for Betting Shop Premises in Harringay

Having been elbowed out of The Coliseum, Tipico are still determined to find a premises in Harringay. We heard the word that Tipico are app…

Started by Hugh

2 Dec 9, 2012
Reply by Hugh

Great Turnout for Lantern Making Workshop

With a great turnout for today's Lantern making workshop at The Salisbury, preparations for next Friday's Harringay Lantern Parade are goin…

Started by Hugh

12 Dec 7, 2012
Reply by ant

Swing Dance in Harringay

The sounds of swing music filtered through to the book launch last night from another room at The Langham. I went to investigate and met fr…

Started by Hugh

2 Dec 7, 2012
Reply by Hugh

Harringay Local Shares Secrets of Working with Tim Burton on Frankenweenie

I met Malcolm Hadley over a hot camera at the recent Harringay Cashmob on St Ann's Road. Someone had hinted to me that he'd an interesting…

Started by Hugh

1 Dec 6, 2012
Reply by LisaLisa

Gavin Esler at the Big Green Bookshop

Gavin Esler in conversation with Camden New Journal Editor Richard Osley   Back in 1979 whilst I was at Warwick University,  I went along t…

Started by Hugh

7 Dec 5, 2012
Reply by Hugh

Pop-up space to open on Green Lanes for December - Suggestions / requests welcome!

The KFH offices will be available for community use for the month of December.  Ideas currently on the table include a pop-up market for…

Started by Hugh

76 Dec 4, 2012
Reply by Chris Setz

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service