Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'civic centre' (8)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Next step for Civic Centre Revamp

Back in 2008, the Council decided to abandon the Civic Centre in favour of Woodside House. Then in 2015, it started looking for a develop…

Started by Hugh

5 Jan 22, 2022
Reply by Hugh

Plans to breathe new life into Civic Centre

I like the Civic Centre. I was delighted when it got listed a few years back and am pleased to read the following press release about a p…

Started by Hugh

5 Oct 19, 2021
Reply by janice

Haringey Civic Centre Used as Set in New Season of The Crown

In a show of how little used Haringey's wonderful Civic Centre is, it was brought into service as a set in the newly released season of T…

Started by Hugh

7 Nov 25, 2019
Reply by John Shulver

The ugliest buildings in Harringay/Haringey?

The Daily Telegraph posted a collection of photos asking: Are these the ugliest buildings in the world?  From the twenty-one so far, the bu…

Started by Alan Stanton

47 Aug 13, 2018
Reply by Hugh

Haringey Civic Centre Designated as Grade II Listed

I'm delighted to learn that the Civic Centre was designated as listed building by Historic England last week. I'd never really noticed it…

Started by Hugh

19 Aug 4, 2018
Reply by GERARD

Haringey Hunts for £2bn Developer to Redevelop Main Council Buildings for Housing

According to architects' journal BD Online, Haringey Council is currently looking for a developer to jointly build 5,000 homes and redeve…

Started by Hugh

71 Jul 31, 2018
Reply by Adrian Hackney

First victim of Haringey's icy financial mess; plans for Woodside House put on hold

Statement from Haringey Council website: Haringey Council has announced that plans for a new civic centre at Woodside House in Wood Green a…

Started by Liz

4 Oct 14, 2008
Reply by Adam

New Town Hall for Haringey

This from Haringey Council's website. Feasibility studies on moving the council's civic and ceremonial HQ to Woodside House, Wood Green Hi…

Started by Hugh

6 Aug 14, 2008
Reply by Liz

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service