Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'days out' (8)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How to go on a adventure on your doorstep

Sharing this lovely article by Alistair Humphreys about how he found local treasures and hidden beauty in his backyard by buying an Ordnanc…

Started by Liz

0 Jan 18

Holiday Plans Banjaxed?- Stuff To Do In A Day

If like us your holiday plans have again been banjaxed/ kyboshed/ stuffed (insert your preferred descriptor) you are no doubt looking for i…

Started by Justin Guest

1 Jul 19, 2021
Reply by alistairj

Discover more about the neighbourhood with these self-guided walks in local greenspaces

If you are feeling like you need to ring the changes on your walks, Haringey Friends of Parks have four self-guided walks you can download…

Started by Liz

0 Mar 2, 2021

New Historic England listings for post-war landscapes, parks and gardens

I know there's a few fans like myself of post-war architecture and planning on the forum so I'm sure they'll be interested in this announce…

Started by Liz

2 Aug 28, 2020
Reply by Lesley

Collecting days out posts on Harringay Online

Last week, Hugh posted an interesting thread on Myddleton Gardens and Michael helpfully provided advice about how to get there by public tr…

Started by Liz

1 Jan 17, 2020
Reply by Hamm

Garden with the Bits of London that No one Else Wanted

If, like me, you missed this interesting piece about Myddleton Garden in the Londonist last year, it's worth a look (though as ever with th…

Started by Hugh

8 Jan 16, 2020
Reply by Liz

Can you recommend some trips out to the country (or somewhere picturesque) using public transport?

We have two small children and no car. Has anyone got any ideas for trips out to picturesque spots using public transport? We have been up…

Started by Liz

92 Sep 1, 2013

Gunpowder Park

Heard of this? I hadn't. Gunpowder Park is 90 hectares of new country park for the benefit of people, wildlife and the arts. Since its ope…

Started by Hugh

1 Jun 20, 2008
Reply by alistairj

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service