Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'front gardens' (22)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Paved gardens increase flood risk and could face increased water bills

Here's a subject dear to Hugh's heart: there's an epidemic of paving front gardens as people seek a low-maintenance attractive frontage to…

Started by hhnrau

9 Dec 3, 2022
Reply by Jo B-S

Help prevent local flooding, improve the local environment and increase the value of your house

Help prevent local flooding, improve the local environment and increase the value of your house: that cant be a bad deal can it! With the r…

Started by Hugh

18 Aug 2, 2021
Reply by Hugh

In praise of the untidy front garden...

Just to be clear, by "untidy front garden" I don't mean the "concreted over 10 bins crammed into a space the size of a postage stamp" front…

Started by Liz

6 Oct 13, 2018
Reply by Pamela Harling

Front garden watch: lovely lavender

Feels like I’m fighting a losing battle to keep the plants in the street planters alive at the moment.  Yet the other night, while I was wa…

Started by Liz

3 Jul 27, 2018
Reply by matt

Front garden watch: the roses of Burgoyne

In my perambulations around Harringay and its environs, I do like to have a peek in people's front gardens. While I accept that many people…

Started by Liz

10 May 25, 2018
Reply by Justin Guest

In flower on Wightman Road in January

Started by Liz

0 Feb 1, 2018

The colours of the front gardens of N15

I went for a walk. The gardens of N15 were still full of colour despite the autumn chill. Still, there's a reminder that winter is not…

Started by Liz

1 Oct 2, 2015
Reply by Geraldine

What is there to eat in your front garden this month?

Last Sunday, a few of us met up in Passion Cafe over coffee to talk about growing edibles in our front gardens. As ever, when a bunch of ga…

Started by Liz

19 Jul 17, 2015
Reply by Suhith Shivanath

Eat your front garden! Meet up this Sunday at 11

Just a reminder that there will be a meet up of people interested in setting up an informal network of people who would like to use their f…

Started by Liz

1 Jul 9, 2015
Reply by Elizabeth Blunt

Edible front gardens - calling anyone interested in growing things to eat

While going around the wonderful Harringay Open Gardens last Sunday, I was introduced to Suhith who lives in the Gardens and who shares an…

Started by Liz

14 Jun 30, 2015
Reply by Liz

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service