Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'history of harringay' (26)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Mystery Door on Beresford Road

Calling all architecture sleuths... There is a house near the bottom of Beresford Road that I walk past every day, which has an extra door.…

Started by Nick Hare

51 Mar 18, 2021
Reply by Hugh

Goatman of Parkland Walk Urban Myth Traced to Harringay

Dick Harris in the garden of his Harringay Ladder house in 1980   Those of you connected on Twitter locally may well have picked up on talk…

Started by Hugh

16 Jan 19, 2019
Reply by Hugh

Saved for the Hood: the Map's Coming Home!

After another wonderful episode of neighbours getting together, I'm delighted to be able to report that the 'Harringay Consortium' has w…

Started by Hugh

44 Jan 8, 2018
Reply by Hugh

Who lived in your house in 1935?

When we first moved into our house, we found a Kelly's post office directory from 1935 in the attic which I unearthed again today. It lists…

Started by Michael Anderson

160 Oct 20, 2017
Reply by Michael Anderson

Turnpike Lane, as interpreted by a 1970s German/English prog band

Odin. Not one of the more successful prog rock outfits of their time, but one who appreciated their Harringay crossroads. Their local opus…

Started by Mr Growbag

8 Aug 23, 2014
Reply by Alan Stanton

Old Shop Name Appears

I was walking down Green Lanes form Manor House this afternoon, and noticed that an old shop had appeared above the shuttered shop at No 38…

Started by Peter

6 Jan 3, 2014
Reply by Michael Anderson

Northumberland House Private Mental Hospital 1935

Leafing through Kelly's directory of 1935 I found a reference to Northumberland House private mental hospital which was situated about wher…

Started by Michael Anderson

6 Oct 31, 2013
Reply by Geoff Bell

What’s great about the neighbourhood? Please share your thoughts with me!

I’m an MA student living in the area and I’m doing some research into online communities for my dissertation. I’m interested in finding out…

Started by Lauren Souter

11 Sep 6, 2013
Reply by Geraldine B

Why Manor House holds a Special Place in the Heart of every London Cabbie

Manor House holds a special place in the heart of every London cabbie. Fascinating fact of the day: Out of over 25,000 streets and 400 ro…

Started by Hugh

7 Mar 26, 2013
Reply by Richard Woods

1950s North Harringay Playground Games

Boys playing street football in London, 1950s A question emailed in from a old Harringavian. Can you help? Does anyone remember the boys p…

Started by Hugh

15 Mar 23, 2013
Reply by John D

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service