Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'internet' (21)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Red Hot Pawn

Anyone for chess? I've recently joined Red Hot Pawn and am thoroughly enjoying it. Play at your own pace with players of similar ability, o…

Started by Clive Carter

4 Jan 24, 2010
Reply by Clive Carter

We're in the midst of the biggest literacy revolution since Greek civilization

Technology isn't killing our ability to write. It's reviving it. Andrea Lunsford is a professor of writing and rhetoric at Stanford Univer…

Started by Hugh

3 Oct 1, 2009
Reply by John D

Is London the social media capital of the world?

London is the top city on Twitter, Facebook and Digg, the social networks have confirmed. Nearly 10 per cent of traffic to news recommen…

Started by Hugh

0 Oct 1, 2009

Huge Leap in Google Search Results Personalisation

If you have a Google account and you're logged in, your search results are already customised by your search behaviour history. On 21st No…

Started by Hugh

2 Dec 2, 2008
Reply by Clive Carter

Our Futures - "Cloud Computing"

Coming soon (like now) to a computer near you - cloud computing in which data and applications will not be stored on individuals' compute…

Started by Hugh

2 Nov 1, 2008

Microsoft do not like the letters G.A.Y.

I am an enthusiastic backgammon player and often use the Microsoft games website to play against other players. This evening I was playijng…

Started by Michael Anderson

7 Nov 1, 2008
Reply by Michael Anderson

"w00t" crowned word of year by U.S. dictionary

This was one of those words I kept seeing around and had no idea what it meant. Si I Googled it, only to find that it was word of the year…

Started by Hugh

0 Oct 28, 2008

Blog Action Day Wrap Up

Not sure we did so great here, but for those interested, here's a wrap up of the outcome of blog action day.

Started by Hugh

0 Oct 22, 2008

Some pointless banter about Face Book

If you use FaceBook and you like a bit of pointless ranting about it, then this article might amuse you: here I actually have a friend on…

Started by Liz

3 Oct 3, 2008
Reply by matt

Crowdsourcing gets up close and personal

Crowdsourcing started off as a way of using the power of the internet to get people behind an idea or to use the combined brain power of lo…

Started by Hugh

1 Sep 25, 2008
Reply by Liz

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service