Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'nature notes' (263)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Signs of Spring: Go spot the bluebells blooming

Bluebells have appeared at Railway Fields and can be seen in different parts of the site. Many of the bluebells are hybrid Spanish and Nati…

Started by Liz

0 yesterday

Signs of Spring: wrens nesting

It's not hard to spot the nesting birds around Harringay at the moment, there's a marvellous magpie nest in one of the trees in my street,…

Started by Liz

2 Apr 5
Reply by Christina Davis

Signs of Spring: the return of the hairy footed flower bees

One of the insects I look for as soon as the flowers begin to bloom is the lovely little hairy footed flower bees. In a garden on the Ladde…

Started by Liz

4 Mar 29
Reply by Simon Bradley

Signs of Spring: blackthorn blossom at Railway Fields

The dark-hued branches of blackthorn have finally started to bloom. Blackthorn is unusual in that the flowers appear before the leaves. Bl…

Started by Liz

0 Mar 20

Trees of Harringay: Pairs of Pears on Green Lanes

Just a week after the pink (and pinky white) blossom of the cherry trees, the white froth of ornamental pear trees is erupting along Green…

Started by Liz

0 Mar 20

Trees of Harringay: cherry blossom time! #blossomwatch

With the first day of Spring fast approaching, the cherry trees coming into flower feels right on cue.  Here's a sweet one on Umfreville a…

Started by Liz

3 Mar 17
Reply by John Shulver

Signs of Spring: Dandelions are back!

Those wonderful and amazing flowers, dandelions, are back! Look at this bright golden head poking out from the ivy at Railway Fields! or…

Started by Liz

0 Mar 7

Signs of Spring: The first primroses appear in Railway Fields

Those pale yellow flowers with their deeper yellow centre in a rosette of deep green leaves are always a welcome sign of Spring. Look out f…

Started by Liz

0 Feb 29

Trees of Harringay: A pair of little magnolias at the bottom of Cavendish

At this time of year, I like to keep my eyes open for the first magnolia buds. Magnolias are such strange and beautiful trees. It's curious…

Started by Liz

0 Feb 29

Free nest boxes at Railway Fields

There are still a few nest boxes being given away for free at Railway Fields to celebrate Nest Box Week. Please ask at the cabin if they…

Started by Liz

3 Feb 23
Reply by Kate

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service