Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'nature notes' (264)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Time to treasure our wasps

Stinging wasps are precious, not pointless, and it's time we learned to value them. You may not love them but they are pollinators, pest c…

Started by Liz

1 Apr 30, 2021
Reply by Sarah

Join the City Nature Challenge this weekend

City Nature Challenge 2021! Take part in City Nature Challenge 2021, 30th April – 3rd May Find Wildlife. This can be any plant, animal or…

Started by Liz

0 Apr 29, 2021

Woodpecker drumming in Fairland Park

Between 6am and 7.30am most days (before the traffic drowns the noise), the beautiful drumming of a greater spotted woodpecker can be heard…

Started by Dan

13 Apr 16, 2021
Reply by Michael Anderson

Nature Notes Nature Photography Corner: Evergreens

As Spring starts to creep in and the first bud bursts appear, it's easy to overlook the trees and plants that have stayed green and lush al…

Started by Liz

2 Mar 5, 2021
Reply by Peter Corley

Discover more about the neighbourhood with these self-guided walks in local greenspaces

If you are feeling like you need to ring the changes on your walks, Haringey Friends of Parks have four self-guided walks you can download…

Started by Liz

0 Mar 2, 2021

A More Natural Capital Manifesto for the Mayor

Via the London Friends of Greenspaces Network e-newsletter "Our Patch" A range of environmental and greenspace organisations across London…

Started by Liz

0 Mar 2, 2021

Did you give away free spider plants last year?

Hello, this time last year, we found a spider plant in a box marked 'free happiness' on Wightman Road.  We called it Dale and 1 year on, I…

Started by Hannah

2 Feb 28, 2021
Reply by Hannah

Six Spring blooms and buds to look for at Railway Fields plus five fungi

Here's a little spotter challenge for you as you take your constitutional this week: Hawthorn bud Hazel bud Dandelion White Deadnettle Less…

Started by Liz

0 Feb 26, 2021

Free online wildlife workshops in March from TCV

Please email the addresses in the poster to book a place

Started by Liz

0 Feb 22, 2021

Who owns our streets? Our neighbourhoods? Who has the right to make changes?

Before I start I should point out that, while I agree with the writer, the words at the end of this post are not my words but those of Lond…

Started by Liz

5 Feb 19, 2021
Reply by JJ B

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service