Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'tube' (42)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

A Muswell Hill Metro? - Jago Hazzard on the former Alexandra Palace Line

A video from Jago Hazzard about the closed Alexandra Palace Line (now largely forming the Parkland Walk) and attempts to revive it, that ma…

Started by Chris Waller

1 Jul 1, 2022
Reply by Ken Stevens

How to rescue a cat from an unusual owner at Turnpike Lane Tube station?

Who can step in to help this cat which appears to be suffering with its present owner? My partner has been giving cat food to an apparent h…

Started by Neil

10 Feb 2, 2019
Reply by tigha

London transport museum presents hidden London disused tube tour

Two tickets available for this afternoons hidden London tour of charring cross disused tube station See where skyfall and Paddington were…

Started by Sticky beak

0 Apr 16, 2016

Finsbury Park and 7Sisters stations among those at high flood risk

Guardian article.  We're doomed. "The LU report is its first on flood risk since 2001 and identifies 85 “high-risk” sites, of which 57 are…

Started by pamish

13 Apr 13, 2016
Reply by markb

Haringey Green Party argues for flat fares across London

On the day transport fares go up throughout the country, activists from Haringey Green Party will hand out #FairFares postcards to commuter…

Started by Martina Weitsch

22 Jan 7, 2016
Reply by Clive Carter

London Tube Map a la Metro

A great one for transport nerds and interested onlookers like me. In another post, Arkady pointed out this map of London's tube and train…

Started by Hugh

0 Jul 15, 2012

Incident near Turnpike Lane tube last night?

Does anyone know what the incident was yesterday afternoon on Langham Place near the tube station? I walked past at about 3.45 and it was c…

Started by Jen Wallis

11 Jun 22, 2012
Reply by SarahC

How safe is your Harringay tube station?

After yesterday's red-top headlines from the Evening Standard which proclaimed King's Cross as the most crime-ridden station on the Unde…

Started by Hugh

4 Aug 23, 2011
Reply by Hugh

Another public service that was nearly named Harringay

I added a post yesterday which gave an update on the good news outcome of my stumbling over the fact that Stroud Green Library was origina…

Started by Hugh

1 Aug 21, 2011
Reply by Hugh

Why are Victoria Line Tube trains so darned hot?

Apparently wafts of heat are being generated by the new trains. According to London Underground this is a "transition" problem due to the f…

Started by Liz

4 Jul 1, 2011
Reply by Alison P

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service