Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'wightman road' (35)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The plan to make Green lanes the main arterial road to the north (in 1943)

I was in the Museum of London Docklands on Sunday (highly recommended) & I spotted a map of the 1943 "Country of London Plan" that was…

Started by michaelw

29 Mar 2
Reply by Hugh

Harringay Ladder road name origin: second airing for a sound speculative explanation

Some exchanges on my road WhatsApp group today sent me back to see if I could learn anything new about how the roads on the Ladder were nam…

Started by Hugh

7 Dec 22, 2023
Reply by Chrisandsally

Awful traffic on Wightman Road

This from the local press reporting Councillor Askey in a debate about adopting and making up Wightman Road: "Wightman-road was not in a st…

Started by Hugh

1 Dec 15, 2023
Reply by Dick Harris

Autumn on Wightman Road

Every walk is a nature walk if you have a little time to spare. A short walk along Wightman Road (N4) from Warham to the Station Approach r…

Started by Liz

1 Sep 15, 2023
Reply by James Ingram

Turnpike Lane Junction 1930 vs 2018 (including Hornsey & Wood Green Synagogue)

I haven't been able to capture exactly the same shot with Google Maps as the 1930 aerial photo, but it's close enough to be able to make…

Started by Hugh

12 Apr 20, 2022
Reply by Harvey Spillman

Dangerous Wightman Road?

Hi Harringay Online!I recently moved to the area and so far have lots of praise. My one main gripe however is that cycling in and out of th…

Started by Simon T

31 Jan 10, 2022
Reply by Simon T

Accident Wightman

I should avoid Wightman Rd for a bit.

Started by John D

24 Jun 16, 2021
Reply by HoL Site Admin

Planning application for 20m high 5G mast on Wightman road - 10th May deadline for comments

We have received a planning application letter notifying us that a telecoms operator has applied to install a 20 meter high 5G mast on th…

Started by Clare

8 May 27, 2021
Reply by JJ B

Wightman Road (Alroy Road) closure

So . . . 3 week closure of Alroy Road from  Monday 5th May . . . Perhaps finally there is some recognition of how much of a problem Wightm…

Started by DavidJ

21 May 26, 2020
Reply by Jimmy

Guerilla Gardening on the Ladder

Hi everyone, I spotted a particularly nice planted traffic island thing in Vauxhall the other day (image below).  The planters halfway down…

Started by tom

12 Jul 17, 2019
Reply by Mark Smith

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service