Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

All Discussions Tagged 'wildlife' (28)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Injured fox - Burgoyne/Cavendish Road

Hi.I spotted an injured fox in my garden today (broken hind leg?).I’ve spoken to the RSPCA and they have advised me that they won’t come ou…

Started by OneWomanAndHerDog

3 on Friday
Reply by Dawn Miles

Frogs killed by cats

We're lucky to have a garden pond in which frogs breed, but less lucky in that cats also visit the garden. Frogs caught by the cats aren't…

Started by Simon Bradley

11 Mar 13
Reply by Simon Bradley

Volunteer for Wildlife at St. Ann's this Saturday (Feb 9th but also 9th and 18th March)

After local group StART's campaign for genuinely affordable housing, the GLA have bought all 7 hectares (the right-hand half on the map bel…

Started by Chris Setz

3 Feb 8
Reply by Chris Setz

Wightman Road Heron

This snapshot and grainy crop might not do the bird justice, but they do record what I foud to be a surprising sight. To see a heron si…

Started by Hugh

12 Oct 12, 2018
Reply by Hugh

Free nature walks and activities at Railway Fields this Saturday

Railway Fields will be open this Saturday afternoon (29 July), 2-5pm, for Nature Discovery Day, with free nature walks and activities. The…

Started by Friends of Railway Fields

0 Jul 26, 2017

New River Wildlife

When I was walking along the New River this afternoon I noticed that a short section running east from Green Lanes for about 350m has becom…

Started by Chris Farthing

5 Nov 18, 2016
Reply by Chris Farthing

Volunteers needed to help deliver environmental education sessions at Railway Fields Nature Reserve!

Environmental Education Volunteer Officer Do you want to help children in Haringey connect with nature? Would you like experience in Outdoo…

Started by MsRailwayFields

1 Aug 24, 2016
Reply by matthew cuthbert

Parakeets have arrived in Harringay

I saw a pair of parakeets - distinctive by their calls, their green coluring and the fact they they were flying in a pair - flying over the…

Started by Matt Salusbury

16 Feb 14, 2016
Reply by Matt Salusbury

Please make your bonfire hedgehog-safe!

There is death and injury for hedgehogs in bonfires built in advance of lighting. There is advice on how to minimise this here: http://www.…

Started by elfi jenkins

2 Nov 6, 2015
Reply by Dick Harris

Weekend opening times at Railway Fields

This summer we are opening Railway Fields for limited periods of time on some weekends.The dates and times from June to September have just…

Started by Friends of Railway Fields

0 Jun 6, 2015

RSS

Advertising

© 2019   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service