Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I'm fairly certain it's not Art...... Please Omega Works People, store your rubbish in your large yard, not on the narrow pavement.

Tags for Forum Posts: hermitage, omega, rubbish, veolia

Views: 3381

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's an awful mess but to be fair to the residents, I think the blame should be laid firmly at the council's door. Residents at 167 pay council tax and have done for years- yet I'm assured that despite a number of calls the council refuse to furnish them with bins of any sort. They've paid for their own bins but in the past the old council contractors did pick up recycling. Apparently there's been a change in providers for recycling services, hence those big new recycling wheelie-bins all the way down Hermitage Rd- with the exception of 167! The new recycling contractors have refused to pick up recycling from outside 167 as the old ones did, which is why this is considerably worse at the moment.

Residents at 167 don't want this mess either but they pay council tax, so why won't the council give them services? A wheelie bin for each non-commercial unit would have this cleared away instantly. Seems the council want the economic rewards for under-the-radar gentrification, squeezing in young people, without having to provide services for rates-payers!

So they are now officially residential units?  There has been much muttering locally about the warehouses being lived in illegally as they are supposed to be for commercial use only which was my theory about the lack of domestic bins.  

Wow that is terrible. It must look a total sight on a windy day... Have any attempts at enforcement been made?

I have always been interested in the legality of the shifting use in the warehouses around Vale and Hermitage Road.  Omega Works where this rubbish is located is increasingly residential as are many of the others.  Part of the old Maynards Factory is being used for posh parties, complete with Hoxton babes in BMWs and door nazis keeping out the unfashionable. All nice for the neighbourhood but what about the rubbish, and the noise?

I was wondering if this was the aftermath of a warehouse party - quite a lot of beer cans in amongst that garbage!

What response did you get when you reported the noise to the Council's noise team?

(Tottenham Hale ward councillor)

time to create a street team, me thinks

Wow, that is truly dreadful.  I'll take it up with the council/Veolia tomorrow.

Much the same every day of the week at the top of Kimberley Gardens. Again, landlord's tenants have no bins so dump every day. There really should be a requirement for every tenant to have rubbish bins or adequate arrangements so it doesn't look like a dumping ground all the time. 

I'm one of the ward councillors, Domshaw. I'll take this up. Can you please ring me as I'd like a few more details before I contact the Council's Waste Management team. 07854002318.

Apologies for hasty typo. Number now correct!

Zena Brabazon

Cllr, St. Ann's Ward

I agree !!

I've been charting 'progress' of this horror show over on FixMyStreet and can't believe it's still going on. Sorry but how is it that Councillors aren't aware of this already? It's not exactly news to anyone living remotely nearby.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service