Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I'm fairly certain it's not Art...... Please Omega Works People, store your rubbish in your large yard, not on the narrow pavement.

Tags for Forum Posts: hermitage, omega, rubbish, veolia

Views: 3383

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes this would be preferable but the council have said they won't enter the yard to take recycling (which is the obvious solution for all involved). As Hugh says this problem affects us all and is easily solvable if the council could provide us with the bins we've asked (and paid) for! As far as I know all the rubbish put out by residents is all recycling (although as you said it attracts more rubbish which might not be) as, due to the council not giving us bins, we've been forced to hire private contractors to pick up our regular refuse.

From what I've read,  it sounds like there's a real problem here that's affecting both Omega Works residents and other Hermitage Road residents in different ways. I do hope that a solution can be brokered that will make life easier for all.

Its been going on for years and years now, nothing gets done. Its an eyesore ..I am waiting for a reply fron Cllr goldberg at the moment to see what the latest news is re this matter

I can completely understand your frustration, Jenny. I think both you and the Omega residents have a right to a speedy answer and an equally speedy resolution.

I have had an email from Veolia today to say that the rubbish has been cleared.  No mention of how they are going to manage the situation in the future and I am pressing them on that.

Take control of it.  Forget the council.  Forget paying other people to deal with it.  DO IT YOURSELFS.
put up signs, get some bins,  made local residents accountable.

The quicker we stop passing the buck, the quicker we can create real, strong communities and take up our own responsibilities.
Ain't you bored of the council treating you like kids, yet?  

And when it happens again tomorrow and the day after . . . and  . . .  all next week?

Some problems need to be understood and prevented upstream

Here is an update on the situation.

The Neighbourhood Action Officer for Seven Sisters ward has been liaising with the managing agents for Majorlink (one of the two freeholders that occupy the site) in an attempt to resolve the ongoing waste problems. Majorlink have identified which units within the site they are responsible for and informed the council that they have provided waste bins (4 x 1100 bins) for their tenants. In addition the council has provided 1100 recycling bins for tenants to use.

11 units are registered for council tax and 5 are not - those that are are entitled to a level of domestic waste collection and the could feel the installation of 1100 bins would be beneficial and they are exploring this with the managing agents. The other 5 units have their own waste management arrangements in place but these are probably not adequate and the council is reviewing this. I am not sure about the council tax situation but will follow that up.

Please keep me updated with the situation and I will continue to chase the council of this.

Dear Karen

There is only 4 large bins on site at Omega Works provided by Majorlink , and I reiterate , no other bins , come and see . Who told you that there were bins provided and what was the date that they were delivered to Omega Works ?

Where are the alleged bins supplied for Council Tax Residents ?

Perhaps Haringey Council ,will reply to you ?

No council tax bins provided for Majorlink's Residents registered for Council Tax .

I have a private contract with Veolia , for Units 10A-D .
and then take the rubbish where Colin?

Take it to the place where it was meant to go....See Viola   (and for driving the point home, put it outside their offices).

You want a hand? :)

Sure that Veolia will be over the moon that someone is doing the job they are being paid to do.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service