Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

So, the council will be trialing these solar powered bins that alert the collectors when they are full: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/09/02/smart-bins-tackle-aggre...

I really think these will only contribute to our littter issue as the openings are quite small and people will just leave the trash beside the bin (as they already do). Such a waste of money, in my opinion and an inappropriate solution to issue of littered roads in Harringay. I’ve attached a few photographs of my walk down Mattison Road (only from the passage down). Bins spilling over is not the issue and I would like to see the council invest in resources that make sense for our area. 

Views: 1148

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd rather have a Smart Council.

Amen brother

Hear hear! 

Ditto

Cycling through Hackney & Tower Hamlets the other day (similar boroughs to our own) it was noticeable how clean they were. But it's not just that, they felt incredibly vibrant, well run, a good mix of housing, clean well maintained green spaces. 

I experience a cultural shock every time I back home from being even in the rougher parts of Islington, Hackney, Camden etc. Every time. 

... Hackney and Islington kept the waste management service in-house... we have Clare Kober's administration to thank for the Veolia contract which runs until 2025... 

Who would we want to take over our council first? How about Hackney take over Seven Sisters and Harringay. Then Islington could take Stroud Green? It would be like a CPZ rollout, so eventually the good burghers of St Ann's would be crying out for a takeover too.

Where do I sign?

You need to think about the entrepreneurs selling these things. Have some sympathy for the smart business people.

Also why no recycling bins for street litter. There are none on Green Lanes until you get to Manor house Station which is in "Hackney".

Because too many people don't care about throwing general waste into a recycling bin and the street recycling bins get too contaminated.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service