Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

get your bike tuned up for free in Finsbury Park this Saturday, 12-3pm

For the next 7 Saturdays you can take your bike for a free check and tune-up in parks around Haringey. The mechanics will be in Finsbury Park from 12pm -3pm on the 16th Feb, 1st, 15th and 29th March. They will be in Bruce Castle and Priory Park on the other weekends.

Full details here:

http://www.haringey.gov.uk/index/news_and_events/latest_news/visitd...

Tags for Forum Posts: cycling

Views: 53

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Did anybody go? Was this a sucess? Any idea whether it'll be reapreated?
I didn't go but happened to walk past and bikes were indeed being tuned! Looked like there were 2 people on duty and both were busy at the time.

A good idea, do hope people made use of it.
I went, and the two people there were very friendly and helpful. I got a repair done that would have taken me much longer to do myself, and found out some useful information about cycle shops in the area. Plus it was an absolutely beautiful day to be out cycling in Finsbury Park.

I think it's an impressive initiative. (But then I may be biased, being both an enthusiastic cyclist and hopelessly clumsy at fixing my or anybody else's bike. So it's exactly the right kind of service for someone like me, who really should learn more about how to remove chains and tighten sprockets and replace widgets and all that.) The one thing I'd say was that it wasn't at all clear *where* in the park the Dr Bike people would be. So I walked all around it and it took me a good half an hour to eventually find them by the footbridge over to Stroud Green. But I didn't mind too much. It was a very lovely day to be out and about.
I'm sorry that I did not provide info as to where they would be situated - all the info I had was from the Haringey press release
Not your fault - I went to the Haringey council website to try and find out and they didn't have the information either.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service