Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

We started at 6 this evening. I got home about 30 minutes ago (It's now 11.45 pm).

This was a tough one. Better had an expensive barrister making their case. Four of us spoke on behalf of the residents - in addition to myself, there was Ian, Peter and Mario.

If you see them in the pub (and if you know who I'm referring to) and you were opposed to the licence being granted, you owe them a drink. The decision was against granting a licence. I was delighted to work along side this small yet effective team.

You may detect a distinct lack of any celebratory tone in my words. That's because, this is far from being over. In addition to next week's hearing at the magistrate's court for betting shop number one, Metrobet, the other two applicants are likely to appeal. Moreover it's possible that one or more of these cases wil end up in the High Court. So, no, little cause for celebration as yet. I'm pleased that we live to fight another day, but most certainly not yet minded to dance in the street.

Tags for Forum Posts: betting shops, gambling, green lanes, haringey, licensing

Views: 45

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nevertheless, the first round for you all is on me! Thank you.
Yes well done to you all.
Hopefully this is the first of many - well done guys, and I'll happily buy you drinks!!!!
Well, it's the third of three. Is that three drinks?
Well me and Anette anyway...you buying, Matt? :)
There will be more than a few rounds bought March 4th. :)
Well done! and thank you!
Fantastic news, many thanks. You'll be reeling out of the pub Hugh ...
This is a great result. Thank you to Hugh & the others.
Thanks to all for their hard efforts.

Three pints of corporation pop coming your way on the 4th : )
Good work, Hugh.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service