Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I was at the west reservoir on Saturday (next to the climbing centre on Green Lanes, between Manor House and Clissold Park). Just wondered if other people use it - they have sailing and canoing classes for kids and adults and a lovely cafe with a deck that looks over the reservoir. It's a great place to go on sunny day - you can't believe that you're so near home. You can walk there along the new river (though it isn't the quickest route and has some pretty grubby sections).

They have a consultation exercise going on at the moment. The London Wildlife Trust has just been granted access to an area near the east reservoir (must admit I've not visited that) and was finding out what local people would like to happen to the area.

Tags for Forum Posts: canoeing, reservoir, sailing, wildlife

Views: 82

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for that recommendation. I've often wondered. I shall try it out now.
A friend of mine uses it for bird watching, Not sure if that is the designated wildlife area, but there are apparently some interesting birds there.
I've been there, and it looks great. Wanted to look into going sailing there, great fun! But have no time, unfortunately.
If I had kids I'd be down there with them to teach them about boats and being on the water.
I have been a few times as they hire rooms out for parties ect.

If I can remember correctly, there is quite a high age limit for kids to use the reservoir for sailing and canoing, but don't quote me on that.

Nice place none the less.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service