Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

This from Alison Smith:

There was a pretty damaging collision at the Bollard this evening. It happened between 5.55 – 6.15pm. A silver car really came a cropper with much of it’s underside (plastic & glass & other bits) broken off. There is also a really dangerous amount of oil on the road from the end of the parking bays & the Bollard itself. Please take extra care if exiting to St Ann ’s Rd.

The driver of the car looked really fed up when I passed by.

The Bollard is still operational, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t need some attention soon looking at the severity of the impact & debris.

There is unfortunately still no camera, but as I understand it there is a replacement on order. How long this will take to arrive I am not sure.

Tags for Forum Posts: bollard, gardens, traffic

Views: 47

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do you mean a bollard like these? If you do... not too much sympathy.
Call me a pessimist about human nature but you probably right John
Dem's da ones. (Great clip John).
How much money have we spent replacing bollards, and now cameras, over the years? Why don't they put a gate across like the other exit onto St Ann's Road, or a concrete barrier like they have at the junction of North Grove? Nobody should be using the Gardens as a cut-through, even if they live there.
I support this idea. A gate would be cheaper and far less dangerous.
That clip was watched by a trader in the city that I worked with whenever he was feeling a little "in need of a lift". Now that we've got that clip and his entertainment requirements have been met I no longer see a need for them either but there is a bit more involved in opening a gate and... you might even have to get out of your car...
That's the point John. Nobody should be driving through the Gardens. At all. At the moment, people with passes can drive through the area and it's costing everybody else a fortune because the pass-reading-device keeps getting vandalised. The only solution is to close the area to traffic, other than emergency traffic. The streets could be grassed over and turned into parkland.

We do have a problem though, in that there are no routes east between Manor House and St Ann's Road. You can't just shut roads without planning for the consequences. If nobody looks at knock-on effects, you end up sitting in your car for hours in the car park of Sainsbury's.
Here's my road on Wednesday morning.

A very common traffic jam. The problem is too many people trying to drive somewhere all at the same time. The solution is VERY expensive petrol and its coming.
Salisbury Road past my house looks like this for most of the day. Residents in the gardens may not want traffic driving past their houses but how do they get their own cars out onto Green Lanes in order to go to work? They have to pass other residential areas, so share and share alike. I think I have spent too much time working in Africa to appreciate the idea of gated areas of any sort.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service