Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

For no apparent reason, I invite suggestions for the rudest person providing any sort of customer service in Harringay. My off-the-cuff nominations are as follows:

1. The woman in the parking permits office. Not sure what she looks like but apparently there's one who everyone's terrified of. My wife comes back from there emotionally scarred all because she didn't have the right documents and got barked at.

2. The girl at Park Road swimming pool who's more interested in doing her nails and playing Nintendo DS than serving you. Stop interrupting her leisure time.

3. Two Wheels Good - all of them. 'Nuff said.

4. Not sure if he's still there but there used to be a bloke who worked in the ticket office at Harringay station whose inability to be anything other than surly, curt and sullen was actually a great source of amusement to us. Cue over-enthusiastic "Gooooood Morrrrrnnninggg" every morning, coupled with a beaming "Nice to see you again". Cue grunt in return.

Anyone else?

Tags for Forum Posts: customers, nominations, rude, service

Views: 379

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As much as I love Hasir Halem who do the best bread and the best Apple Pie in the entire country I often find their customer care rather lacking at times. They're often clustered behind the counter in threes, one person staring down at the floor, one up at cylin and the other into space, until they spot a friend in the queue who they serve first despite the rest of us having stood there as we have nothing better to do.
I know its no excuse but I find Helim staff completely charming so long as you have a young child with you ...

My vote would be for a couple of the guys in Masood News (the one nearest Warham Rd). My husband actually stopped going there because he hated buying things from such a grumpy bunch!
I agree! I avoid shopping there because I get so would up with being treated like s**t. The last time I was there the girl at the till answered her mobile as I was unloading my shopping, and then looked very annoyed when she had to serve me. I also dislike someone talking to someone else behind me and not making eye contact with me when I am being served.
Funnily enough my husband never seems to have a problem in there, they're all lovely to him. Is it a female thing, and men and children are treated much better? I am glad someone's said this, I thought it was me going mad. Apparently not. Phew!
Staff in the Salisbury when you ask them to top up your "pint" or how long the food will be?
They're up to their same old tricks again with a plate-o-chips turning into a half a potato job, for the same price as what was once a huge plate of chips. Rice & wheat might have risen in cost by 80% but potatoes certainly haven't.
I think you're right Alison, when I take my neice or nephew in there its a whole different experience.
Bushy, rudest in Harringay or Haringey?? Two of your nominees do not qualify as they're well beyond Harringay boundaries - though no doubt their rudeness affects Harringay residents.

Also, I doubt if we'll mitigate rudeness in either Yas(h)ar Halim or the Maqsoods by misspelling the anglicised form of their names. The (h) is my substitute for the subscript aspirate on the 's'.

Ancient Greeks like Endymion will hardly object to being miscalled Endemyion or whatever, but as Glyn says it may confuse modern police directories and young John Keats will be livid.
Endymion was of course the very handsome, if mythical, youth who was 'visited' nightly by the moon goddess Selene. An appropriate name, maybe, for an all-night open air cafe to replace the massage parlour at Lothair N.

With which display of pointless aegean pedantry, may I now self-nominate as the rudest member of HOL ?
Yes, of course you may Eddie. (But-cha int gettin my vote)
I second the vote for yasar halim staff. That was the first thing that came to my head when i read the subject of the thread!
The current chap at Harringay station is great (unlike the rail service). I find Yasir Halim fine (fruit/veg section). Not sure I am going to speak up for Maqsood though...
yasir halim staff, for sure.

have you noticed how the people that push-in in the queue do it so stylishly? it's almost as if they think you can't see them.
What about the dog in the news-agent/shop next to the Tapas Bar on Wightman Road?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service