Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

We've just had our loft converted and owing to the stinky fire regulations we have had to replace all the doors in our house....

So we have 5 old pine doors - quite nice to look at filling up the cellar.

Does anyone need a door? I'm going to put the on Ebay - but thought I'd start here.

You'll need to get your own door handles as we kept ours...

Tags for Forum Posts: builder

Views: 95

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They may well be of interest Andrew. I'll mail you.
I'm thinking of the doing the opposite, getting rid of my hidieous ugly brown fire doors (I live in a conversion) and replacing them with some nice looking doors with some glass panels to let more light in. Is it not allowed? Would the door police come around and arrest me? Surely a fire door is only a fire door when it is closed? I hardly ever close the doors, especially the kitchen one, where a fire is more likely to occur.
ive notified the door police.

you should be more discreet when you're planning on committing crimes of the door variety!
Fire regulations ... for doors ... in houses. Has the world gone stark raving mad. I know you don't live in a HMO Andrew so I really don't understand why you've been forced to do this. Got you on the planning app for the loft I guess. They'll have our lovely old housing stock homogenized before we know it.
I can see that you have already had some interest. We are having a major refurb and having some pine doors stripped! We would be very interested in all the doors and could collect very easily tomorrow. If already sold then so be it!!
Hi Sioned

They are still for sale. Do you want to email me andrew@pukkafilms.com and we can work out a time for when you can come by and see them....

andrew
Sioned, you wouldnt be able to recommend a good builder would you? We need our bathroom doing at the mo, and its been a challenge trying to find someone we can trust to do the work!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service