Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Don't get me wrong - I love all the kebab shops, and antipilar cafe does good mezze - but wouldn't it be really great to have either a lovely,french patisserie like the one in newington green over here, or a nice, slightly upmarket chain like a giraffe cafe? i really feel like there is somewhere missing on green lanes - you have to go to crouch end, stokey or newington green for any lazy sunday brunches, or mid week treats for yummy mummies, or someone nice and relaxing to meet your friends. i want to collect enough support to show one of the managers of these sorts of places that there is the demand for it on green lanes. does anyone out there feel the same way as me? i moved to the area 8 months ago from highbury and miss the cafes most of all!

Views: 584

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not convinced that Cafe Lemon can be called 'another Turkish cafe.' Alongside the more varied continental fare, they have a menu including, off the top of my head, liver and onions, pork chops and varieties of cooked breakfasts. That's about as traditionally British as you can get. It's just not a coffee shop, which I guess is what we're really taking about.

Incidentally, the huge veggie breakfast is our first choice for a lazy Sunday brunch!
i agree with birdy. i dont see Harringay residents (myself included) flocking to an organic food shop to buy groceries. especially with the looming credit crunch.

on the other hand if eg a pizza express or nandos were to open up, i reckon theyd get a fair to good deal of custom. but thats just not Harringay.
I think a new patisserie has opened, on the same side as Chesterfield gardens, by the bus stop opposite Maqsood news on that block and it looks pretty nice to me!
I agree with some of the other posters that there's not much call for that sort of thing round here. If anyone wants good produce, fruit and veg, and freshly baked goods why not try Yasar Halim? They have quite a large store and their food is really good quality and with amazing prices, not sure if its organic though.
I would love to see a charity vets in Green Lanes.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service