Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

I am reliably told that there used to be a gay/bi bar in Green Lanes (next to the Salisbury?) in the early eighties. Would a gay bar in Harringay take off again? A friend of mine has money to invest and, with Catch22 in Turnpike Like set to close once the lease runs out, I think it could be a starter. Discuss.

Tags for Forum Posts: gay, gay harringay, lgbt

Views: 1128

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The old Coliseum on the corner opposite the Salisbury (where those flats are now) housed the gay nightclub 'Bolts' with regulars such as local boy George Michael. Read more here

Don't see why a gay bar wouldn't be viable now.
Bolts was fab!
Think Justin should change this post title to 'Gay Life in Harringay' though, as Bolts wasn't on the Ladder and this website is for Harringay residents not just the Ladder residents, eh Justin?
he hasn't got the hint... yet
Do you remeber Pickle who used to be one of the managers there?
yep.. I don't think he's still alive.. :0(
He was one of the first men I knew who died from AIDS.
Bolts, that was it (although I'm far too young to remember it)! Geoge Michael? Well x3
he will, I'm sure...
Nor is the Salisbury or the hideous poster on the bridge, if you want to be technical... (-:
omg don't let Hugh hear you say that, you'll get really done. Don't say I didn't warn you, J :D

This site isn't for Harringay ward, remember, Harringay as defined by the map on the first page which includes the pub and that horrible, horrible banner.
The Manor House was also a gay venue in the late 1970's

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service