Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Well I think so -

Wednesday afternoon I came out of Arena Homebase and headed for my car. As I got in, I put my bag with wallet etc down in the passenger footwell. There was a peremptory tap on the driver's side window and a north-african type gestured that he wanted me to look at my rear off-side wheel. For once, I wasn't taken in and looked round. And yes, his mate was hanging about at the passenger-side door.

Be careful out there ! :-)

Tags for Forum Posts: Sainsbury's Story, scam

Views: 58

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thanks john - probably worth pointing this out to security at the arena - plus our local safer neighbourhood policing team, good for them to be aware of any scams in the local area...
good job you had your wits about you. Theres a similar scam apparently at cash points. Someone taps you on the shoulder when your waiting for your cash and points down at the floor 'is this your fiver' meanwhile someone else takes your cash.
I'm so glad you didn't get scammed by these guys John. It's good to be reminded that although the majority of people are honest and good natured, there are the few out there who simply don't realise the anguish and distress their actions can cause to their victims and ultimately in the long term to themselves. I'll be more much more aware when I walk through the car park to Sainsbury's now...

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service