Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

OK, let the games begin! Its time for our Annual Harringay 'Christmas Tree Dumping Challenge'. The idea is not to dump your own tree, no, no, no! The rules are simple, and there are various prizes:

• You are looking for a tree that has been dumped anywhere in Harringay, we will accept entrants from the wider Haringey and even outside the borough- for those of you of the Travelling persuasion
  • Mentions in Dispatches are earned for those finding the most randomly dumped tree- be it in terms of where or how it has been dumped
  • The main prize is offered for the very last tree verifiable dumped- yes, we might be here for some time!
  • The main rule is that you need a pic of the tree to verify a claim!

To get things started I offer up my own contribution spotted yesterday outside the Junior School on Pemberton, Thursday December 27th.

Note from Site Admin: To avoid being featured on this page - see here for the ways the Council will collect and/or recycle your tree for free

Liz, do you have a link to last year's winner?

Tags for Forum Posts: christmas trees

Views: 883

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Islington don't seem to collect them. I'll report back next week as I run that way several times a week. But that street in particular is always full of hazards. It was a struggle when I had MS relapses involving my vision. It's a lot harder to react and adjust when it takes longer to process visual signals. So I really feel for people whose vision or mobility is affected all the time.

Spotted on Allison Rd yesterday - do I win? 

The winner usually posts around August :)

Hehe, I had a feeling my ceebration was premature. This is my first year competing ;-)

Sadly I cannot see the image, but assuming you have not photo shopped something and it is legit you are certainly in the lead (for now..)

Hmm. I think I've been adding photos jus by copy pasting, but they only seem to show for me.

Attachments:

Westbury Banks Nature Reserve, last night

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service