Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Walking home on West Green Road last night I saw the shutters up on what was the stylish Italian restaurant, Buonissimo, that shut last year...

Getting closer I noticed a sign (picture attached) saying it's to reopen on the 1st October - the owners list themselves as Anima e Cuore...

Being nosey (and excited that there will be a cool restaurant at the end of my road again) I googled the names... apparently Anima e Cuore is a very successful Italian in Kentish Town with rave reviews...  

http://www.timeout.com/london/restaurants/anima-e-cuore

Now it's not confirmed it's the same people but I reckon it's more than likely.

What with the Nile having a complete refurbishment and reopening as a Bulgarian restaurant at some point in September as well as the old faithful Autograf still pulling in the punters, all of a sudden the Turnpike Lane end of West Green Road is bursting into life.

Can you tell I'm excited!

Tags for Forum Posts: italian, passione and tradizione, west green, west green road

Views: 5485

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's fab news, and good sleuthing. 

I live round that way and was very disappointed when Buonissimo shut its doors (I kept telling myself the owners were on holiday, but it got harder to keep up the wishful thinking). A replacement is definitely needed and this sounds good. 

things are on the up http://www.timeout.com/london/restaurants/anima-e-cuore

Between them, proprietors Mustapha Mouflih and Alessandro Altoni have worked at restaurants including The Ledbury, L’Anima, Sketch and Le Gavroche. It shows. Anima e Cuore means heart and soul, and the owners have clearly thrown theirs into the restaurant. Ignore the setting. Anima e Cuore may be diminutive in size, but it’s a giant when it comes to quality.

Don't get too excited - I've not yet got confirmation from them that they are the same Anima e Cuore... but surely...  WOOP!

Don't get too excited - I've not yet got confirmation from them that they are the same Anima e Cuore... but surely...  WOOP!

It surely has to be the same folks. Very exciting.

http://www.timeout.com/london/restaurants/anima-e-cuore

I was disappointed when Buonissimo was open! Hopefully the new restaurant will be better.

Great news, thanks for the update.  how did you find out the the Nile will become a Bulgarian restaurant?

I went in and asked the builders when they first started.

I've not looked in for a while but they have new windows now... but I will pop my head in when I next get a chance and will try and find out when they are planning on opening.

West Green Road - the new foodie destination - who would've thunk it! Makes sense though - lots of retail space, lots of buses, short walk from the tube - at least this end of West Green road - and rental at probably half the price of Green Lanes.  Come on down Food proprietors, make this  the new place to eat out

I just spoke with Chef Mustapha. The West Green Road joint will indeed be run by the same people as the Camden one, but it won't be the same set-up as in NW1.

Apparently the West Green premises has a huge kitchen and he's going to be using it as a preparation space for the main restaurant. So Mustapha will be up in West Green over lunchtimes and then he'll move down to Camden for evenings. While he's at the restaurant it'll be open selling regular pizza and pasta dishes but not the more innovative stuff he serves in Camden.

I think he said West Green will be open lunchtimes Mon-Sat and Camden eves only Tue-Sat (Check this!)

He plans to open here in mid-October.

Thanks for the heads-up Ghost of Di.

Balls...

I had presumed by the "Tradizione" part of the new name that the menu would be more homely favourites like pizza/ pasta rather than the fancy stuff but was hoping it would operate like a normal restaurant...

Just to clarify, it will only be open on lunchtimes..?  

Will they have an alcohol licence, not that I'm a day drinker, but I do plan to harangue him to open full-time...

Balls... oh well...

That's my understanding, but no doubt it will be open to review. I guess there's a sense that if they're on site cooking they might as well serve.

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service