Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

Walking home on West Green Road last night I saw the shutters up on what was the stylish Italian restaurant, Buonissimo, that shut last year...

Getting closer I noticed a sign (picture attached) saying it's to reopen on the 1st October - the owners list themselves as Anima e Cuore...

Being nosey (and excited that there will be a cool restaurant at the end of my road again) I googled the names... apparently Anima e Cuore is a very successful Italian in Kentish Town with rave reviews...  

http://www.timeout.com/london/restaurants/anima-e-cuore

Now it's not confirmed it's the same people but I reckon it's more than likely.

What with the Nile having a complete refurbishment and reopening as a Bulgarian restaurant at some point in September as well as the old faithful Autograf still pulling in the punters, all of a sudden the Turnpike Lane end of West Green Road is bursting into life.

Can you tell I'm excited!

Tags for Forum Posts: italian, passione and tradizione, west green, west green road

Views: 5490

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh that's a shame, who's going to be able to go at lunchtime? Even if I work from home it's at least a ten minute walk.

That's a shame.  But I guess I can understand why they don't think the evening demand would be there for the stuff they serve in Camden - West Green Road is hardly the most prepossessing of locations, strewn with rubbish etc. 

As was Camden 10 years ago...

West Green Road is the main artery connecting up and coming Seven Sisters/ SoTo and the Ladder/ Hornsey... Turnpike Lane prices went crazy a couple of years ago... it would be crazy to presume regeneration is not far away... 

I don't disagree, but Camden 10 years ago also had good restaurants and was a destination for a night out.  House prices in the WGR area doubled over the past few years so clearly the demographics are changing/will change but I think you'd have to be a brave businessperson to open a high-end restaurant on WGR now.  

True dat...

I was only ever expecting or wanting authentic pizza and pasta to be honest...

I shall have to develop a new taste for Bulgarian food when the Nile reopens instead.

I don't think as great and interesting as it sounds (unfortunately haven't been) A&C could be designated as high-end. Plus, from the description of the original location in Time Out (below), it doesn't seem outlandish to open on WGR. I think it's great news.

'This stretch of Kentish Town Road has had an influx of high-quality eating and drinking places, but it is still not a place where you’d expect to find cooking of this quality. And the restaurant itself looks unimpressive, with essentially non-existent decor and an amateurishly presented menu.'

I walk past the restaurant at least twice a day... and I can be very persistent... I will do my very best to get them to open full time...  I'll camp outside, whatever it takes.

High-end compared with what's on WGR now?  e.g. I'd describe Heirloom or Bar Esteban in Crouch End as high-end compared to some of the other places.  It's not just bog-standard pizza and pasta. 

Not expecting high end right now, just a steady improvement on what was on offer over the last 10 years.  Eg - the Banc, followed by Buonissimo, then Banc Brasserie, Tri Pana and Sushi Heads  - Ive tried them all and they are all different all great. Shame about Buonissimo, but someone else has spotted the potential (even if it is based on a big kitchen) of the venue/ area as have the new owners of Duke/ the Nile.  I call that progress.                         

Yes Mavic!!  Positivity... West Green Til I Die

I was devastated when Buonissimo closed - yeah it wasn't the best italian in the world - but it felt cool and a big step forward...  Banc Brasserie is always really busy these days and the breakfasts are as good as anywhere on the Lanes... Panini to Go has just opened... If Passione e Tradizione does decide to open full time then it can't be denied that progress is genuinely happening...

Autograf is still smashing it..  We do need a decent pub though on the road though..

What's Tri Pana?

Here you go http://www.tri-prana.com/ 

http://northlondonkitchen.com/2016/02/16/tri-prana-yoga-cafe-totten...

Enjoy delicious super-food smoothies, Protein Power Shakes, soothing award- winning herbal teas, exquisite black teas or Speciality coffee from London based artisan roasters. Delicious whole foods menu too

Dairy free options vegan/vegetarian options & Gluten Free.

Ooh fancy!

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service